Something is wrong with my boy's arm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up today, turned on his lights and all was "normal". Then fed him his morning crickets. He was happy to eat. Shortly after he'd had a good bask, an hour or two, I went to pick him up and realized he wasn't gripping with the right arm! So I touched it, moved it and realized he wasn't moving it at all!. It wasn't hanging limp but no movement in the fingers/elbow. He isn't interested in eating now and doesn't want to be held.

Before someone asks. YES he's going to go to the vet. I'm...just desperate for any idea what could be wrong! His arm is poofy so much that I can't easily feel the bones, He doesn't wince when I touch his arm, I don't feel any bumps or abnormalities...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's certainly odd. Did you notice him fall or did something fall on it? Hopefully the vet will be able to take an x-ray and see what's going on there. In the meantime I would keep things as flat and accessible as possible in his tank so he can get around easily and doesn't damage it further if it's injured.

dragonlady79

Original Poster
I honestly don't know what happened. He must have either got his arm caught or fell on it. He normally jumps down for crickets. I have to wait until 7:30pm to take him. I've been very upset. He doesn't appear to be in pain but...idk. He has spent the day basking. Doesn't want to eat. Doesn't want to be picked up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he wants to bask that's good. That will keep him somewhat still so I'd let him be if he's basking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom