Someone, anyone, please help my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdiaz09

I made a post recently about my little guy not pooping.. that problem was resolved..
Now I'm having issues with him barely eating.. he ate veggies yesterday, but ate nothing today.. he hasn't not touched a roach or worm for four to three days now..
I'm worried..

Does he look ok?

He black beards for a minute then goes back to being okay.. I don't know what's the matter ..

Ps.. a sincerely heart broken girl...

He is 8 months.. UVB is zoo med 10.0 t8... huge tank.. usually 95F-100.. cool side at 80...

85807-3833892667.jpg
85807-1003703508.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks OK. As long as that jet black beard goes away after a little while it's usually more mood related than health related. It looks like he may have a shed coming on along his mouth and ear which my have him wound up a bit. At 8 months he may just be going through a teenage phase too. Is he acting hyper and running all over the place?

Kdiaz09

Original Poster
CooperDragon":e1l7oumv said:
He looks OK. As long as that jet black beard goes away after a little while it's usually more mood related than health related. It looks like he may have a shed coming on along his mouth and ear which my have him wound up a bit. At 8 months he may just be going through a teenage phase too. Is he acting hyper and running all over the place?
No.. he stopped running around everywhere. Last week, this guy wouldn't sit still... now he is just gazing everywhere and not moving. I had him on my chest for at least 45 minutes and he is just not moving his body only his head..
I did notice the gray, but he never stopped eating.. I'm so scared he is going to become skinny.. he is drinking tho.
Ugh..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he at least alert? How long does his beard go black like that? If you have a kitchen scale you can monitor his weight to see if it is stable or not.

Kdiaz09

Original Poster
CooperDragon":8cdfxraq said:
Is he at least alert? How long does his beard go black like that? If you have a kitchen scale you can monitor his weight to see if it is stable or not.
He is very alert. He looks around everywhere.. I put him down and he started to run around... he tried going under my bed. He just ran under the bed and licked the ground as usual haha.. but I'm unsure what seems to be the problem..

Kdiaz09

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2f66nmwa said:
Oh and his beard goes away in a few minutes.. not too long.. he just jumped on top of my shoe box under my bed.. so he is moving around after I put him down on the ground which is good.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure there is a problem. If he's acting alert and running around he probably feels pretty good. It may just be hormones acting up that having him acting in odd moods and off food. I would still weigh him regularly but also let him run around if he wants to so he can burn off some energy. Keep offering food as normal but he may not want as much as usual. If he was sick he would likely act more lethargic /sleepy and his black beard would be constant.

Kdiaz09

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3ajezj24 said:
I'm not sure there is a problem. If he's acting alert and running around he probably feels pretty good. It may just be hormones acting up that having him acting in odd moods and off food. I would still weigh him regularly but also let him run around if he wants to so he can burn off some energy. Keep offering food as normal but he may not want as much as usual. If he was sick he would likely act more lethargic /sleepy and his black beard would be constant.
85807-7750146333.jpg
Thank you again.. your help is much appreciated.
I will definitely try and keep him out as long as I can so he isn't so bored in his cage..
thanks cooper ❤️..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're welcome. Let me know if his behavior changes or if he starts losing a significant amount of weight but I think he'll be fine =)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it really sounds like it is hormonal. The males can get that way & get so wired up to where they wont eat for several days. He has a nice black beard, too! LOL
I think he will be fine, just let him run around & use up his energy. He's a great looking boy, too! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom