SOMEBODY ADOPT HIM ROSEVILLE, MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is just SO awesome that you posted about this beardie needing a home and it has been arranged for him to be rescued the same day. :p Good job both of you. :D

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am so glad Shelby messaged back, she is a wonderful person (it was nice to meet you by the way, I get a little shy around people if you couldn't tell). I met her there and we talked for a while, I'm so glad I made the decision to help him out and that she is the one taking him in (my conscience couldn't ignore him). I know he is in good hands with her. I looked for people in minnesota messaged them as well as this post to try getting him to a good home. He definitely seems dehydrated after my second look (I delt with that with bam bam), dirty, stinky and a little skinny but not bad at all. He seemed so alert and like he has quite the personality so I felt he needed some help to get somewhere good. Keep us updated Shelby and post some pics for all the beardie lovers here.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're such a good person. So awesome that Shelby went to get him. Can't wait to hear updates & see some pictures.

So nice that you could both meet too. Thanks so much to both of you.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, I think Shelby is a really good person, I don't know if you saw but she started her own rescue, you should post your Facebook page Shelby.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Here he is! He's pretty cute. He's got some nice spunk and attitude. :)

He's in decent condition other than being dehydrated and a little skinny. I also think he might have some blocked Femeral pores, but I haven't gotten a super good look yet.

Kristen, I put a pic of his tail so you can see how good it cleaned up. He's STILL stinky even after his bath! ;) I have an extra tank open right now since Poseidon passed away. I need to update his rescue thread so people know that we lost the battle against his septic Arthritis.

It's a bit small, it's 3x1.5 foot tank, but he seems happy with it. He's super wary of us at this point especially after I was rude and gave him a bath. Did the store say if he already has a name? Just curious.

984054_10152353335817363_1027360287_n.jpg

10173697_10152353335887363_1083852277_n.jpg

1932476_10152353335952363_1948653274_n.jpg

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I just saw your message above in this thread, Kristen. It was great to meet you too! :)

Here are some links for you:

Minnesota Herpetological Society Website: http://www.mnherpsoc.com/

They have a FB page too.

They meet the first Friday of every month, so THIS Friday is the day. HOLY Cow and you don't want to miss it because I just remembered that THIS meeting is the White Snake Sale. Here is the info:

The White Snake Sale is the herpetological version of a White Elephant Auction. It is the MN Herpetological Society's biggest fundraiser annually. We use the proceeds to buy library books, bring in speakers, and make grants and society functions. This is a great way to shop for items at significantly lower than market value and you never know what treasure you may find.

Items that are sold are donated by members and business – both new and used. If you have a large number of donations (fifteen or more items), please contact a board member in advance of the sale to arrange processing these in before the meeting. Most items are herp related, but not always and range from knickknacks, jewelry, cages, books, artwork, toys, and misc. herp supplies.

When you arrive, bring your donation to the designated area – the room across the hall from the back door. Sale Committee members will be there to receive them. If you wish to be recognized in the newsletter for having donated, please inform the volunteer.

There will also be a photo contest for members, in four categories:
1. Herps in the Wild/ Natural Setting
2. Herps and Humans/ Non-natural Setting
3. Kid's Submissions (16 and younger)
4. Mixed Media

Come and join us for this fun annual event!

Event Date and Time:
Fri, 04/04/2014 - 6:30pm - 9:30pm

The location is:

Meetings are typically held in 335 Borlaug Hall on the University of Minnesota's Saint Paul Campus.

I will 100% be there. So if you can make it, you can participate in the White Snake Auction which sounds super cool. Everyone is very excited about it. :)

Lastly, here is the FB page for my Rescue. We haven't done much with it yet. www.facebook.com/SavingScales

You have my cell phone, so feel free to text me and we can stay in touch and I'll send you pics of this new little guy as he settles in.

It was lovely meeting you!

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You know, I didn't catch a name, maybe call John tomorrow, I'm sure he'd love to hear about him anyways. I think handsome works :D because my he is after that bath, wow are you sure that's the same guy? I bet it will take a week or two of baths or more to get rid of that stink, it was pretty rank. Did you find any sores at all? Doesn't look like it in the pic. I was a little worried about that because of all the dirt. Loki had bigger femoral pores but they never seemed blocked or sore on him and now Bam Bam's are tiny it seems. Did they seem to bother him in the bath?

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I can't tell yet because in the bath he was a bit freaked out just from all the massive change. I also wonder if he's ever had a bath before. Not sure. He didn't like me messing with him under his tail at all, but I did confirm he's male. (As if him threatening us with his puffed beard and open mouth didn't let us know that lol.)

He's really spunky. I sort of wonder if his bottom lip has just the tiniest bit of misplacement that would concern me that he has a touch of mbd, but if he does it's not severe. He really did look different after his bath. I think he'll lighten up to a more golden tan color after he sheds this skin.

I think I might clean up his tank and donate it to the White Snake Auction if it cleans up nicely. I don't like to use the talls for the rescue, I like the wides. So I may donate it if I feel like it cleans up nicely enough. It could be good for some smaller reptiles that like to climb vines and what not.

I'll keep you posted. :)

We're so excited to have him. Believe it or not, he never black bearded through his bath even though he clearly was offended to have one. lol

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow, that does sound really cool, I love how it's a fundraiser that's even better. Also really close to me (close to that petco as well) I might be able to come, we will see tomorrow. I got home and found out my boyfriend busted his eye really badly at work, poor guy. A branch snapped and smacked him right in his eye, ouch.
Feel free to take over this thread so that if you post about him people can get the whole story. And I will definitely keep in touch, I'm very glad I met you and I'm sure handsome man is too :D (well he will be at least).

He might not have ever had a bath, I think a lot of people don't realize they have to do it.Pebbles and Bam Bam's lips were a little odd too, but lips shed and now they look just fine, might be all it is. If he does have a little mbd started it definitely isn't bad. I didn't notice any twitches or shakes either times I was looking him over. I think the tank could clean up nice, did it smell bad too? Oh, what was that bulb? He had to have had a uvb at some point, I would think he would be worse off. Did John mention his age to you? I was trying to remember.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh yeah, I didn't really have any doubts that he was a he (that beard was so cute when he did that). Maybe those pores just need a couple of good soaks, I don't know what to do about them if they are blocked I just know they will be bothered by them (I'm sure they hurt if blocked). He might have been like "oh my what's this lady doing, she's touching my privates" lol especially if never given a bath or scrub down.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I haven't pulled his light and tank out of the car yet. I put him in a tank I usually use for quarantine when I first get a new rescue. So it already had the set up ready for him. I'll let you know when I take the tank out to clean it, etc. I hope it's a power sun! That would be a WIN! :)

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It would be a win depending on how old it is, maybe call around for someone that has a light meter to check out the uvb emissions if it is a mercury vapor bulb. Or better yet, Friday at the meeting, someone has to have one that might be willing to test it for you (or maybe they will even have one available). Otherwise you won't know if it is still any good. I bet he will be just fine, I just can't get over how much better he looks after one bath. I bet in the bath he didn't black beard because he was so happy to get some of that stinky crud off, I know I would be. He has been thru a heck of a time, getting left at the store and all the traveling. I hope his poop looks good for you (it's so funny we all worry about their poops) :lol: parasites are possibility still but I hope not.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, lol oops, sorry I misunderstood, plus I'm sure you knew to not trust it anyways :oops: . Yes that would be a win to know he had uvb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom