some questions about feeding a beardie (new owner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok 1st i apologize for such along pot but i thought better one then many. I just got a baby beardie 2 weeks ago this Friday. his( idk if he is a he yet) name is Okada. While at the pet store today i was looking for treats for him for when he's good when out of his house. <y plan was mealworms but i found a video last night saying avoid them. I was gonna then get wax worms but he's only 2 months old i wasn't sure if fatty worms was a good idea. found some other foods. first i found bearded dragon salad dressing (cool) My boy refusing his salads.i try to feed him one for breakfast then lunch and dinner are crickets. I tried a staple food (dandelion greens) didn't touch them. So does anyone know if this stuff will get the dragon to eat his veggies?
81441-2418086650.jpg

and a few more things i thought to use as treats but not sure.
81441-8942140685.jpg

81441-8846293948.jpg

81441-6851685499.jpg

and found a mist spray
81441-488244580.jpg
or is a spray bottle of water better?

and last what does your beardie like to eat as his staple food(s)? mine likes the junk food so far LOL..strawberries so far, Thanks for reading this VERY long post and helping, :)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
For treats waxworms would be ok for a little guy, just use them sparingly.

The dried stuff, if he likes it for treats or bribes they would be fine, but for general feeding your much better off with natural foods. Even for treats if he likes strawberries or other fruits I would use those instead, they at least have moisture and nutrients. Little bitty ones don't take to salads always very fast, but keep trying.

Skin sprays, shed aids and the like are not necessary. A healthy dragon will get its moisture from food and drinks, not from anything applied to the skin (including water). Shedding problems are hydration or diet problems. You can offer water by dripping on the nose, or if they drink from a bath. I also encourage keeping a small dish of fresh water even if it goes largely unused.

kissrocks4ever

Original Poster
Taterbug":3cyj451g said:
For treats waxworms would be ok for a little guy, just use them sparingly.

The dried stuff, if he likes it for treats or bribes they would be fine, but for general feeding your much better off with natural foods. Even for treats if he likes strawberries or other fruits I would use those instead, they at least have moisture and nutrients. Little bitty ones don't take to salads always very fast, but keep trying.

Skin sprays, shed aids and the like are not necessary. A healthy dragon will get its moisture from food and drinks, not from anything applied to the skin (including water). Shedding problems are hydration or diet problems. You can offer water by dripping on the nose, or if they drink from a bath. I also encourage keeping a small dish of fresh water even if it goes largely unused.

Thx. I'll be getting the dry mix Wednesday. Was gonna get the salad dressing but he likes cucumber. From what I'm following its not great cause no nutrition so one slice in his salad should be OK daily? I figured out finally why strawberries are bad to feed daily so that's a weekend only food. Hr also liked parsley but same as the strawberries. Gonna try apples and squash this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom