some observations to pass on

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgilmor

Well, the last time I posted was back in April, I think and Princess was in egg mode. That was new for us.
I can report that
a) she went through two separate egg laying phases, separated by about two weeks. We didn't find the egg(s) from the first phase, but we did from the second. We dissected it as part of a science experiment (we home school). It was bigger than we expected (elongated egg shape) and had a definite yolk.
b) we could tell when she was going to start her second egg phase, because her normal pooping schedule is no more than once a day, and usually more like every 3rd day (remember, she's 7 years old and 20 inches long -- not a baby!). BUT -- we've noticed that when eggs are imminent, she begins to poop 3 TIMES a day, and then goes off her food, and spends her entire time out of her cage digging on the hardwood floor. Amusing to watch, but ineffective...
c) Now that we're apparently done with egg laying for the year (I hope), she's is RAVENOUS and doing great. She loves dandelion flowers and leaves, and I planted a violet bok choi this year that immediately bolted -- not great for the freezer, but it has yellow flowers, and she LOVES them. Everything she eats is YELLOW or green. Red, orange need not apply. Well, crickets are brown -- but they move -- that's different!
d) she didn't shed after brumation before eggs. But now that eggs are done, she is shedding like crazy.

Well, hopefully these patterns, if they have any significance beyond our particular lizard, may help other people with theirs. What amazing creatures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom