some advice on feeding superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper31

Hatchling Member
So, my picky little eater won't touch them...ugh. I though since she like to hunt and loves things that move, I'd get her some micro supers. Well, she looks at them. and looks, and looks, and looks. She eats plenty of crickets and phoenix worms. She likes wax worms, but those are treats every about 6 wks.
I put the superworms in the dish...stares at them. I even tried hand feeding, but figured that would be a no go anyway because she really doesn't like anyone near her viv when she eats. So I thought that maybe I would put them in the phoenix worm dish at her night feeding and the little suckers crawled right out and FAST! there was too much texture on the dish. I put them in a glass dish they couldn't get out of, let them sit there for about 30 minutes before the phoenix worm feed...nothing. More staring.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Since its a new dish with new food will it take her some time? Or will she really not just try them?

She gets plenty of food and eats great. I was just hoping maybe she'd mix up her diet a bit. It's like feeding a 3 year old with her! LOL

Ro77

Hatchling Member
mabe try mixing in veggies or other worms u feed her..? mabe then she will try them mabe by accident and like them..?

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for the advice! She wouldn't eat them in salad, but I put them in the same time as phoenix worms & gave a few less than usual. Miss was hungry & snapped them right up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom