Some advice in probiotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
today spike pooped.

so i told my mom to take it to the vet.. she was going to the vet anyway cause the dog needed a injection and stuff.

so he made the fecal test and told my mom that he will call her after hes done.

cause they were like 10 dogs who needed a surgery and so.

and he called us a hour ago and said that he found parasite eggs in his fecals.

So he will give us some pills tomorow (i will ask him if spike will need probiotics or if the pills arent so strong .. which i think they are tho. ) so wether hes going to give us probiotics also idk.

but when he wont. and spike will loose his apetite. (right now hes eating very well. ate 2 locusts last week gave him a few collard greens last week. (he ate 2 leafs). I bathe him every 2-3 months. but i give him 2,5 ml sometimes just 1 ml depends on how much he drinks. . of water every week.

so he cant be dehydrated. cause he poops nearly eevryday and if not eevryday every second or third day. if he doesnt poop for more than 5 days i give him a bath.

so the question is that what probiotics would be good. like. i dont know wether they sell bene-bac or something here.

Cammy

Bene-bac and Acidophiliz+ are great. You can always order online, although it will take a few days to get there. You can also purchase regular old Acidophilus from most drug stores.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
my mom wont allow me to buy stuff online tho. :c

I will ask for the Acidophilus somewhere. I dont think that they will have it. ;o;

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
It seems like you could be feeding spike more. How old is Spike? I am still learning a lot but I know that juveniles/babies need to eat every day at least twice a day with greens every day and when they reach adulthood they can eat protein every other day and greens everyday.
Check out this nutrition chart it's really easy to read and a great resource. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Spike is around 3 years old.

and yes i do know that site lol. thats where i get all the names from the veggies to feed spike.

i offer him veggies everyday. but he doesnt eat them. hes all like. "lolnope" and just poops into his bowl filled with his veggies (he does that a lot of times which makes me go all. "ohgodwhy") or runs over it and makes a big mess. e n e

and he didnt loose apetite with the antibiotics the vet gave him some sirup with a pipe down his throat. (i had to hold him cause he kept scratching and so) the vet said that he wont need probiotics and that we have to bring his fecals in 3-4 weeks again.
he only gave him like. 1.5 ml of some sirup. (idk what it was called like but it was pinkish coloured)

He ate 2 young locusts yesterday together with a few mealworms. ( of course i do know they cause impaction but he was never impacted by them)

he weighs only 400 grams tho. which. is ... not very much for me. e n e so im just gonna feed him more stuff such as chicken.

I will put the crickets out of his diet.. or i will just give him rarely a few because they got parasites... well at least i think that cause they eat eachother or they eat fecals and stuff. e-e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom