Sol and Elara - A hint of drama + Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long wait, me and my boyfriends beardies have finally arrived! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
They came along with their own vivariums and were going through some shed at the time, but they arrived saftely and are in good health besides some minor relocation stress.
I was able to hold Sol (former name is Taz) for a bit and he was very calm for a while, but when his legs were shifted, he went crazy trying to find another foot hold. I have a few good scrapes on my arm from him now, but luckily his nails were filed down.
He did something that scared both me and my boyfriend: when my bf was moving around his very shiny and reflective MVB lights, I happened to be holding Sol close by and Sol must have seen his reflection and he hissed, puffed up his beard and opened his mouth. :shock: My bf quickly put the lights down, and Sol was back to normal like nothing happened...no stress marks. It was odd.
Otherwise, the stinker has been good today - he has taken the move very well. His need to wander died down a bit and I was even able to have him sit on my chest and legs for a time. It was hard getting him off my legs, he kept clinging on and squirming away. I'm thinking he was enjoying the view or liked the heat coming off of my legs.
He ate 4 superworms for me and took the largest reptile poop I have ever seen. :shock: It was kinda drippy but well formed and had a good amount of urate in it. :puke: I offered some collard greens, but he didn't show much interest.
I gave him time to chill out and relax, but I always found him begging to come out of his viv, so I couldn't resist. It was hard to put him back to his viv at first, he was glued to my hand and only unlatched himself once he realized were his basking spot was. He has no fear of my cats or dogs and stares them down whenever they walk by.
As I type, he is happily pancaking under his basking light. I love this little hunk! :love5:
Some quick pics:
Basking - the white spot on his nose is shed-ready skin.
P1010642.jpg

Close up! I'm a little worried about his droopy eyes...
P1010643.jpg

A far-away look of his bare viv - most of his decor hasn't been put down yet because his viv will have to be moved again tomorrow, but will post an updated picture when everything is settled down.
P1010644.jpg

Elara, my boyfriends beardie, is a bit more timid and will probably need a little more time to adjust. She took a good poop, but a mysterious clear liquid that smells like urine keeps appearing around her. :( I'm really hoping shes not throwing up, but that might be the case. Maybe the move just made her super anxious.
She is kind of nervous about being held, but she just needs time to get used to her new people.
Good news is that she basked for quite a while and attacked her salad. She turned in early, so bf wrapped her up in her blankie that I made for her and she is now peacefully snoozing. I hope to have some pictures of her soon, her colors are a little off because she is just beginning to shed.

Tomorrow will hopefully go smoother for the two. I'm just so happy they are finally here! :mrgreen: :love5:
Ick, I feel like I'm coming down with my brothers cold, but that won't keep me from tending to my babies!
I plan to post some more pictures, if anybody is interested. :wink:

Sadona

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I feel a lot better today, Sol is being his sweet silly self, but I'm still a little flinchy around him. :roll:
Sol's MVB decided to go out. UGH. I don't have the money to buy another one, but could afford a Reptisun 10.0. The thing is, he has been raised on Megaray. I have a few back up plans, but Sol may just have to go without a light and use good ol' natural UVB for a few days.
Some picture spamming for ya: these are older ones from the first week Sol arrived.
IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Pics taken a few days ago... he always gets so bright when hes on my bed.
IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Blending in with Mommies dress. He opened his mouth and puffed at the camera a few times when it got too close. :roll:
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Roaming the couches and finding a comfy perching spot!
IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Operating the Lap-Beardie.
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

And the most recent, this morning when I came to find him in the exact same position I had left him in last night. :love5:
IMG_0193.jpg

Now for some Elara! I went to visit her a few days ago, and she had her first romp around the room. She even pooped on me, but I persisted in holding her even when she tried to get to the floor to do it. :roll: :lol: She isn't nearly as much of an explorer as Sol, but she ran around a bit and ended up curling up in a cute beardie ball near the door. Her back and head are beginning to go into another shed.
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom