*Soft Water*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenMac

Good Afternoon everyone!

My bearded dragon is about 9 weeks old. I bathe him everyday since he does not drink standing water. I am a bit concerned because I just moved and think that the people I live with might have soft water. I know that growing up we had a machine that we added salt to in order to get soft water so I am concerned about bathing him in anything that may be harmful to him.

Could anyone help me out?

Thank you :)

Jennifer

Tigg

Juvie Member
Bathing your beadie in 'soft water' shouldn't really matter. "water softener" only neutralizes some of the more harsh chemicals that are used to treat and purify our tap water, but is still safe for us to drink.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
If you are concerned, than get a RODI unit, you can find them in a saltwater online store. I got mine around 15 years ago, and other than replacing the filters every 5 years and the light every 2 years, it works great !
Cost should be around $200ish.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom