Soft/loose poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Until a coupke days ago, Mavis has had some nice fairly sold/well formed poop and urate. The last 2 times i have seen her poop though. The Urate still looks fairly stiff, but the rrsy of it is starting to look soft/loose and liquidy. Not sure why the change?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they just get upset stomachs. Has there been a diet change recently? If it continues for a couple of weeks it's worth getting checked out by a vet but if it's not long term it's not usually anything to be worried about.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A week or two ago, I finally got some Dubia roaches. So got her off of the superwprms/mealworms and onto the roaches. Which she loves! I think she enjoys how much more thry movd than the previous thing. Plus, i know the health difference between the two as well. So am very happy, she likes the roaches.

However, i would have thought it had been when i first started feeding her the new bugs, that her stomach would have been upset? Why now?

Also not sure when, but I pretty much stopped feeding her, her pellets too. Yes, i know they are unhealthy as well. However, they were what her previous owner fed her and she is in a semi-outside enviroment. She doesn't pay much attention to her veggies and so sonce it is naturally so hot uer this time of year. They dry up and aren't any good by the time she even remotely tries to pay attention to it. So i may havr to hold off giving her some veggies, until her new tank is ready

Mysty

Juvie Member
For veggies, perhaps use squash which doesn't dry up as quickly as leaves or try to replace more frequently.

Tipping roaches into a bowl and covering with greens could also help.

It could be lack of eating greens which is contributing to the poop changes.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The leaves dry up in like 5-10 minutes, even when covered in water. I bought some squash hoping it might not dry up as quickly. Glad someone agrees on that ^^;

Ya, i feel bad for not giving her more greens. Hope to get last few things for her tank and a larger variety of veggies in the morning.

Thanks for the tip with the bugs! Will definitely try it!! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are the temps where you keep the food dish? Generally greens stay pretty pliable for most of the day for me but the dish stays on the cool side at about 75 or is out of the tank on the floor somewhere in the house. If they get crunchy though it's not a big deal, especially if there are some foods with extra water like squash as mentioned. My guys seem to like eating greens later in the day when they're a bit crunchy.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine so far has completely ignored the greens when they are dried up, but i haven't had thd largest variety and also again, her tank is semi-outside. So the tank is same temp as outside. Which so far tbis summer means somewhere between 70-over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the day.

Which is another reason why i want to get her indoor tank finished setting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom