soft eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Female Iris laid 21 eggs although only 9 are fertile. I already set them up in a home made incubator the temps are a steady 84F so far. I checked the eggs today and they seem a bit soft. I was cleaning some drops of water that were on some of the eggs and noticed they were soft. I'm not sure if there's too much humidity or what could be causing this. This is the first time I do this so I'm just wondering if it's a problem.

luissandoval87

Original Poster
Viable? Like fertile? I candled all of them the first day and 9 had veins and pinkish stuff inside. I discarded the rest. However, in the first two days two of them got moldy and smelly so I discarded them. As of today I have 7 but two look iffy :/ the temperature is set at 84F. I'll see if I can upload a picture in a bit...

luissandoval87

Original Poster
sorry I got caught up with school and work and forgot to upload the picture. They seem like they're growing they're about the size of two pennies. I'm not sure if that's big enough. They were hatched 10/25. I know there's a brownish looking one that looks bad, but it doesn't smell bad or anything and it's growing fine, so i haven't discarded it.

photo3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom