So worried about beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlinp99

Hi.
I have a bearded dragon that’s about 8 months old, she usually has a very healthy appetite but today she seems different.
For a few days now she has been pooping in her viv which she never does, she usually waits to go in the bath, and she usually goes once a day but now she’s going twice. I wasn’t too worried about this but I just went to give her her second feeding, and she wouldn’t eat anything and hasn’t ate her salad all day. She was laying flat on her log and her stomach was twitching and moving.
I dust the livefood with pure calcium 5 days a week, and with nutrobal 2 days a week. She has an Arcadia 12% floodlight, and her temperature is around 95-99 degrees.
She ate her first feeding fine today, and has never skipped a feeding. She also didn’t like when I picked her up and kept trying to run off of me. She went to the vet on Tuesday to have her nails clipped, and then the pooping in the viv started on Friday.
Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
The only difference to her diet is that she’s been fed black crickets instead of brown as that was all I could get at the store before my order came. Maybe they don’t agree with her stomach?

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
Caitlinp99":1eb7ktkh said:
The only difference to her diet is that she’s been fed black crickets instead of brown as that was all I could get at the store before my order came. Maybe they don’t agree with her stomach?

She ate this morning however wouldn’t eat at the second feeding. I noticed that she seemed to be shaking. I’m so worried as this is not like her at all. Please help if you have any ideas of what this could be :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be an upset stomach. That happens from time to time, especially after diet changes. The Arcadia 12% t5 is a very good bulb so if you have that at around 12'' above the basking area it should serve you well. You might want to bump the temps a little bit. Shoot for 100-110 surface temps in the basking zone and a gradient down to about 75-80 or so on the cool end of the tank. You may need a stronger basking light to achieve this. If you use a halogen bulb that can be dimmed as needed if you can't change the height of the bulb.

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ku9snzda said:
It could just be an upset stomach. That happens from time to time, especially after diet changes. The Arcadia 12% t5 is a very good bulb so if you have that at around 12'' above the basking area it should serve you well. You might want to bump the temps a little bit. Shoot for 100-110 surface temps in the basking zone and a gradient down to about 75-80 or so on the cool end of the tank. You may need a stronger basking light to achieve this. If you use a halogen bulb that can be dimmed as needed if you can't change the height of the bulb.

I’m wondering if it could be parasites as she’s had diarrhoea, and she’s also had runny urate but no poop when she’s gone a second time. I assume it’s urate, I’ve never seen it like this before. I’m going to get her checked this weekend once I hear back from the vet. I usually use a 75w bulb and that makes the basking spot around 105, and I have just bought another 75w so I’m going to swap the 60w asap.
Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom