so any tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
I have tons of dubia containers to clean...

I want to find a way to get the dubia to climb out of the frass to allow me to clean their tubs easier...

I use a portable work light to direct heat from the top and cool the bottom by removing it from heat...

My next option is to go as extreme as sitting the tub on a bag of ice to make them climb to the heat source

I can't imagine picking dubia out of frass for over 50 containers worth.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
Okay, but don't you think if you make smaller holes in the bucket that the frass would fall through and the dubia would remain in the buckets? Just do that a couple of times and they will be clean. I do it and it works...

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hartungs":386d4 said:
Okay, but don't you think if you make smaller holes in the bucket that the frass would fall through and the dubia would remain in the buckets? Just do that a couple of times and they will be clean. I do it and it works...

I am talking excrement, food, dead roaches etc...I clean once very 6 months.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
That video was awome and is going to help me a ton, thank you for posting it. Thats excatly why i ordered my last batch of roachs from the ranch.

As for a trick for you suzuki, why dont you just use a real collander, im sure you have one in the kitchen that you can use. or even a cat scooper?

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Original Poster
try it out and you will see for yourself why the idea of "sifting" roaches from debris will not work. Very hard to explain.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
I dump all of my roaches in a larger tub, put them in the middle and stick egg crates on each side. wait,, wait.. wait, now most of them should be on the egg crates. I poke my finger around the remaining waste to get the smaller once.. then just vacuum the rest up. sure you will vacuum some up but it's the easiest and fastest way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom