So Annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
My son's friend is staying with us this weekend since his parents are out of town and brought his 7 month old beardie with him. The poor thing is soo skinny and small. But what really irritates me is that I gave his family several printouts with all the information they would need for proper lighting, food, etc when they bought the poor thing including this website and beautiful dragons in August. Now It comes over and is about 12 inches, skinny, has no fat pads and her legs are so long and thin. I am thinking gee, This lizard is about the same age as Scorch was when we took Spring break last year and I remember her being so much bigger, what is going on here? Then I look at the bulb which is supposed to be a murcury vapor and say to the kid, this does not look right, it is too small. He says to me, oh it's one of the ones that was on the list you gave me, it's a T-Rex. Such a load. I am thinking, I use T-Rex and they look nothing like this. And all the recommended bulbs look like flood lights. I take out the bulb and it is a 75 watt zoo med heat and UVA bulb with no UVB. He says it is eating 100 crix a week, which is not enough, and when I talked to his dad after I saw the poor thing he says, yah he buys all these crix and they just die. And when I went to their house to pick up the beardie it had been alone for hours and there were crix running around the cage. I'm so irritated. It seems even if you give someone all the right info they just don't pay attention. I mean the thing is not looking sick or anything he is cute and lively, but it is so small and it just irritates me to know that it is not being cared for properly.
b47f592a.jpg
fccaf61f.jpg
e62aa07a.jpg

Scorch at the same age 16" and over 400 grams
IMG_1410-1.jpg

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, I just sent them home with my back up T-Rex MVB, some squash babyfood, a tube of jumpstart, and a talking to.

remi1

Juvie Member
Hopefully they'll listen this time! You're awesome for continuing to help that dragon.

I totally understand understand your frustration, though. We have this neighbor lady who stopped by one day with her daughter, and because she saw my iguana in the window basking she thought we could help her with her dragon. I tried talking to her about her husbandry and thought that he might be brumating, but as I was running late for a laparotomy wet lab I left her to talk to my fiance. Long story short, I've tried several time to help her with her dragon, I even went to look at the poor thing a couple of times, but she just wont listen. The poor thing looks so sad. They were even even keeping him in a 20gal (and this is an adult dragon!), and didn't plan on upgrading until they found a bigger tank sitting by a dumpster. :angry5: Why are people so stupid???

I agree, next time the dragon is over he should accidentally escape. Wouldn't that be sad? Yes. Sad.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
remi1":c6835 said:
Hopefully they'll listen this time! You're awesome for continuing to help that dragon.

I totally understand understand your frustration, though. We have this neighbor lady who stopped by one day with her daughter, and because she saw my iguana in the window basking she thought we could help her with her dragon. I tried talking to her about her husbandry and thought that he might be brumating, but as I was running late for a laparotomy wet lab I left her to talk to my fiance. Long story short, I've tried several time to help her with her dragon, I even went to look at the poor thing a couple of times, but she just wont listen. The poor thing looks so sad. They were even even keeping him in a 20gal (and this is an adult dragon!), and didn't plan on upgrading until they found a bigger tank sitting by a dumpster. :angry5: Why are people so stupid???

I agree, next time the dragon is over he should accidentally escape. Wouldn't that be sad? Yes. Sad.
:laughing6:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, it wouldn't exactly work out for the poor thing to go missing considering that he is my son's friend and comes over to our house at least once a week. LOL anyway, he blamed his mom for the wrong light, saying that he told her which one to buy and she ordered it. When I looked up the light it was only 9 bucks, so she probably just figured I was stupid and she was saving some money picking it up for 25% of what a T-Rex would cost. Well, now they have the right light and no excuses. The kid also said that mom wouldn't let him have dubias in the house, but when the dad picked him up he said they would order some and I told them to order from the roach guy, so at least things will get better for food and lighting real soon. Their tank is a 50 gallon and the kid spends allot of time holding her so she isn't housed badly or starved for attention. So hopefully with these new changes things will get allot better for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom