So, after my vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
I was gone for a week and i had someone watch him.

I got him back today, and he seemed horrible.

He had two large wrinkles on both sides of his body, which meant he is underhydrated. He had crickets in his tank which made me frustrated. He was pale in color and had major stress marks. He had poop smears on his vent also. But when i got him i gave him a nice warm bath and washed that away with a cue-tip.

BUT

as soon as i picked him up he lightened up and had a pure white stomach. I could tell he was happy to see me :D
I took him into albertsons since i had to get some new salad stuff. I got some collard greens and romaine lettuce. he wasnt on my shoulder but in my hand. His belly was milky white the entire time i was holding him. even when we went into albertsons.

The only thing im still concerned about is his poop. she said he pooped last night AND this morning. which is unusual for him. but im just going to watch him. I gave him some lettuce. and he ate that. i dont want to feed him crickets yet though. tomorrow.

So my vacation was great. and Reptar was happy to see me. So im glad.

OH, he's shedding again. On his stomach area. The lady who took care of him said he ate some of his skin. She said she wasnt sure if thats bad for him. I told him its not unheard of for them to eat it lol.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
Yeah, they sure do miss us when we are gone. I am glad to hear that he is feeling better now that you are home. I guess the next time you should find someone who is a little more responsible, or you will just have to take him with. :lol: I am sure he would love that!

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry about your bad experience! I noticed that you said you fed your beardie lettuce....was it regular lettuce? If he did eat regular lettuce it could make him have diarrhea and make him dehydrated. Maybe that's what happened?

Make sure you give him turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens or collard greens, those are the best for them and especially mustard and turnip greens are really easy to get. Sorry for posting this if you already know....just trying to figure out how he got so dehydrated.

I am soo glad your baby beardie perked up when you got home. People who don't have beardies don't always understand how exactly to take care of them or take short cuts like leaving crickets in the tank. The person probably just thought he would be like a dog or a cat that can cope with changes in routine.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, romaine lettuce. still not great, but im going to give him some of that along with collard greens.

she has had geckos, but thats a whole different care-taking thing.

Im 90% sure those wrinkles were because he was about to shed his body.

He's done with his body and stomach(in about 3 hours lol). now its time for the tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom