Snappy Dragon new viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

New Dragon, New enclosure & new rock wall. just wanted to share.

Basic Crossfire design.
8 ceramic tiles w/ gray grout
3 6 ft Bio Vines.
Exo Terra Repti Glow UVB10.0 36 inch.
Exo Terra 150 watt Sun Glow neodymium day bulb. 95 degrees warm side @ 80 degrees cool side
Exo Terra Night Glow Red 75 watt basking night lamp. 108 degrees
Lexan plexi-glass 1/4 inch thick w/ some old dresser handles
all lights set up on a Zilla digital timer to cycle day lights

1st night in it seems to like it so far. concidering he was in a 10 gal started tank. This is like the Taj Mahal to him now

SnappyDragonsHome001.jpg

SnappyDragonsHome002.jpg

SnappyDragonsHome003.jpg

This whole project took @ 3 weeks to do @ $220 dollars. (subtract $50.00 if you don't @#&! up cutting lexan and have to buy 2nd sheet cut the height 1/8th too short and the glass didn't fit in the tracks. At least now I can use it for some other projects

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Everything looks great! Awesome rock wall... I will tell you though that the Repti Glow UVB isn't the best of UVBs to use and you could have problems with your beardie eating b/c of it.. The best of the best is the Reptisun 10.0.. And the colored night light will affect their sleeping patterns b/c they can see the light @ night.. I also have the crossfire design and I use a Ceramic Heat Emitter for night time b/c it doesn't emit any sort of light.. Other than that it looks like a pretty awesome set up..

Hollywood

Original Poster
gizmo17":14jrytk7 said:
how do you get the uvb tube on the inside of the cage! =(

mark fixture holes on ceiling or back wall. Drill a small pilot hole. make sure your screws are short enough not to poke out top or back. the only thing not to forget about is the wire. drill a 1/4 inch hole, make sure it is hidden behind the fixture and in line with a knock out in the fixture(opening the wire goes through). If you follow the directions on the crossfire link you should be good. Here it is http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

Hollywood

Original Poster
Slave2Scarlett":i9drvq7e said:
the colored night light will affect their sleeping patterns b/c they can see the light @ night...

I might change it to the reptisun if I see any issues. I had a repti glo 10.0 compact light when he was in his 10 gal starter set up. No issues with eating and I have been watching his eyes..no issues. The red lamp don't bother him one bit. 8pm he's out even if the day light is on. He has woken up a couple of times when I let my dogs out before I go to bed. He just opens his eyes looks around and back to sleep before the dogs even come back in.

Thanks for the compliment and your opinion on the Reptisun 10.0. Why change if every thing is good. But I do have a local pet shop that has the tube I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom