SMELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrrrrr

Hi guys. I have another issue with smell and maintenance of my Aquarium. First of all, It stinks. I cleaned my aquarium twice a day but the smell is still there. i have a rock on my aquarium and I spray my beardie 3 times a day. I am guessing that it maybe cause of water drying on the rock? Second, my beardi him self smell. Can i gave them a bubble bat or something? he does smell. i bath him 30 min. 4 times a week but he still smell. I clean the Aquarium everyday. I only have a 20 gal. Tank and its pain to clean them. Also, do I need to cover the sides of my aquarium? so they wont get stressed or anything?. Sorry for all this trouble. I'm a new owner and I want Thorrrrrr to have the best care possible for him. Thanks you God Bless and Merry Christmas!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Once you get the fecal done, if you find out it is "Not Parasites", you might want to stop misting your beardie.
If you are bathing your beardie 4 times a week then you do'nt heed to be misting also. The misting may be causing mold in your viv and your bd,which would account for the smell.
BD's are desert dwellers, So they don't require as much water and humidity as some other reptiles. That's not to say they require none. That is why we bathe them, to hydrate them.
I would not reccomend bubble bath or you are going to end up with more problems.
Let us know the outcome of Thorrrrrr's fecal.
Good Luck,
Dawn

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
haleygirl272":65bcf said:
Yes, it sounds to me like Thorrrrrr may have parasites.

Thorrrrrr has 6 r's right? :oops:
Yes thorrrrrr have 6 r's ^-^ and for the fecal test....I cant do it soon enough because fecal test here can be really expensive....They charged me 40 dollars. Now that I dont have a job, Im going to save money for him...I can probably do it next week. Ill let you guys know what happen next.

PS. Thank you for helping my thorrrrrr. God bless and Happy NEW YEAR!

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
ohh and my last Fecal test result, vet didn't find any parasite or anything that can harm my baby. Im just too paranoid and I didn't notice that thorrrrrr was shredding.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Thorrrrrr":93b61 said:
ohh and my last Fecal test result, vet didn't find any parasite or anything that can harm my baby. Im just too paranoid and I didn't notice that thorrrrrr was shredding.

Hmm.. The only thing I can think of is mold from misting... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom