Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having smell issues with my Viv. Im using repticarpet and it seems to be retaining the poo smell quite well. Haha.... Its not very appeasing to say the least.... Any ideas on a better substrate that might not smell so bad and hold the bacteria. Im thinking tile, I just need some info about it besides getting a tile that wont cause my lil Trog to skate around without any traction. I need more installation info..
Cheers

npedersen

Hatchling Member
The repti-carpet should be removed I would say once a week or so to be washed and dried. Use a light bleach solution to sanitize then rinse with water again and make sure the smell of bleach is gone.

Tile works great just make sure it is sealed so that the poodoesn't soak in and you should be fine. Again, it should be sanitized every week or so.

Nick

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
How old is your dragon? If he is over 6 months you can used washed play sand. Then you can scoop the poo and flush it. The sand needs to be changed every 4 weeks and cost about 4.99 for a 50 lbs bag at home depot. Just make sure it is specifically washed play sand do not use any other types of sand period. You can also use some tiles such as slate, this will help keep the nails files down. From what I have read, even though I know most people use tiles through out, is that it can cause bent toes. This is according to the Bearded Dragon Manual, put out by the Herp Library. I use just the play sand and I have some slate rock for him to climb around on. I also make sure to keep the food free of sand in a dish and feed him crickets in a dish so that sand in not ingested. This is also way you would want to wait to use the sand untill your dragon is at least 6 months. There digestive tracts are larger and if ingest small amounts (usually associated with toung licking) it will pass easier than with smaller dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom