Smell of Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about using tile in one of my tanks just to see how I like it but I have heard from a few people when you use tile you are spending alot of time cleaning and it can begin to smell pretty badly. Just wanted to see what everybody thought about this. Thanks!

Charmcitydragons

Original Poster
Sorry I was alittle unclear but I meant from them going to the bathroom does it smell and do you have to clean the tiles alot more often or is there not really a smell as long as you keep up with the cleaning.

Martyn21

Juvie Member
I have slate tiles my girl loves them and it's so easy to clean and evan if it smells you should clean it once a week anyway I do my girl likes it when I put the tiles back in wet I leave the doors open till it's dry but she stands on it then feels it's nice and hot she flumps herself down lol

Charmcitydragons

Original Poster
When you say use a wet wipe doesn't that have some sort of chemical in it that could be harmful to the dragon or do you just wipe it down with a papertowel after?

Martyn21

Juvie Member
I use baby wipes there ok or you can use a paper towle to wipe up the poo then spray where he went with water and wipe it dry :D

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
Vallone188":deb76 said:
as long as you pick it up its not gonna smell. and clean it. does your kitchen floor smell. really?

No one poops on my kitchen floor though.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :twisted:

As far as the OP, you can seal natural stone (marble, slate, etc) just like you do the grout to make it easier to clean up. I don't believe the ceramic / glazed tile is porous, so once you clean it up, you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toothadash
Top Bottom