Small, sharp lump in baby's throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzarek

Hi there,

Pleased to meet everyone! My girlfriend bought me a baby bearded dragon as an early Xmas present in November and he's been great. However, I've very recently noticed a small, sharp, pointed lump in his throat.

He stayed at a pet store over the Xmas holiday for a week and I'm 'fairly' sure I hadn't noticed it until soon after I collected him. He's also literally only just started eating greens, so not sure if there's a connection there? It did look as though he hadn't swallowed them properly.

I fed him greens 2 days ago and he puffed out his throat significantly after eating them, and the 'point' was suddenly very visible on his throat. I've enclosed a few photos, including one of when he puffed his throat out after eating greens. He's only done this once.

Is anyone able to suggest whether anything is wrong with him?

THanks!
S
throat1.png

throat2.png

Puffed out right after eating some leaves
puffed1.png

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
have you been able to see inside his mouth? maybe greens got stuck in his beard
but im thinking its just that "bone" part of the beard that gives it the round shape when they puff up

Manzarek

Original Poster
Thanks Killzone. I did wonder/hope whether it's just a permanent 'bone' configuration and nothing out of the ordinary. I would've thought it was food that was stuck in there it would've got dislodged by now but will check it out in side his mouth for sure. Am still a bit unsure/nervous with the animals at the moment.

Lovely lil' fella though: Arturo Manzarek Dracul his name :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a very cute little thing!
I think it is likely just a bone growth, or irregularity of that bone. Perhaps it will even out a little bit with his growth spurts.
If it doesn't seem to bother him then it should be fine. It is external, correct & not internal on him, like a bone spur or cyst?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom