Small rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki05

This is a small petsmart rant.

Before I knew a lot about beardies, (which I still don't know much) I bought ours from there.

I had to run there real quick to grab some feeding tongs with my kids (4 and 6) in tow. So we stopped to look at the beardies. They had 4-5 in there that I could see. Well I had to do a double take because all of them were for sure small and babies. Then I saw on top of their basking rock, was this teensie weensie little thing. This baby beardie was no bigger than my pointer finger!!! The biggest one in there was at least 3-4 times that babies size, and half the size of all the other ones!

It made me sad, and a little upset. Did they all appear healthy? yes. But do I really think thats a good Idea? NO!

Maybe I'm over reacting, but that's just not right in my opinion.(To both sell one so young/small and house them together) I asked why they would put such a small guy in there with the rest of them and they told me that he was fine because they hadn't seen any aggression.

anc90

Hatchling Member
The petsmart in my area also sells bearides that tiny,in very dirty cages..There also is a reptile store that sells babies who live in sand,but the owner claims when I had told her that they should not be in sand because the risk of impaction she had stated that is not sand it is reptile sand. *face palm*. I also did'nt know much about beardies before I joined here,and now I still have a lot to learn,but I do know what is safe and what is not safe. It's sad,I no longer go to the store wiht the sand because of very poor service and their nasty living condistions on the dragons.

Unfortinutly we cannot save them all. :(

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Its all bout money for the stores. The don't have room for a lot of different vivs for there reptiles. you'll notice the temps and humidity its vary off to. From talking to a guy at the Petco I go to they have guidelines they have to use for there reptiles and sadly the guidelines are wrong for there higher temp animals and the husbandry as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom