Small nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushe

Hi! So I just wonder if it is normal for a bearded dragon scratch so much that their nails would became so small. My bearded dragon has having that problem as what it seems. She doesn’t stop scratching the walls of her cave and her cave is made with real stones. Her nails of the hand she uses to scratch that part of the cave are becoming small. I’m afraid that it is hurting her. I will post some photos but don’t pay attention to the “blood” in her finger. It is raspberry that I gave her and I didn’t give her a bath yet.

94419-6088376208.jpg
94419-5309798778.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are pretty worn down. It will make it tougher for her to climb and may be painful if the nail gets worn too much. I suggest putting down something soft. I ran into a similar issue with tile (worn foot pads) and use fleece blankets on top of the tile and that provides some relief. If she likes to dig (which is common) try piling strips of fleece scraps and see if she will dig there. That will be softer for her and allow her to burrow a bit. I'd think of ways to provide some relief like that so her nails start to grow back or at least don't wear down further.

Sushe

Original Poster
I took out the sand box for that reason and I will try something with the stone cave because this are the two places that she digs a lot.
Thank you for you answer, really appreciate.
Best regards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom