Small Meal Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryss

Hatchling Member
I went to the pet shop to buy some Superworms for Alvin. He is 18" and has been eating them since he was about 16.5 inches with no problems. Well the petshop told me that they quit carrying Superworms as they bite and were eating right through the containers they had them in. They told me to buy these small meal worms instead as they are much better because they won't bite the beardie. I inquired about it causing impaction as I have read on this forum and they told me their outside was no different than the Superworms.

Can someone please let me know their idea on this please? The mealworms are definately smaller than the Superworms (about 1/2 the size).

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
Mini-Mealworms. Make certain they are the Tenebrio obscurus, not the standard mealworm Tenebrio molitor. The standard mealworm are not very digestable and can lead to impaction. Dragons love them. We started to feed those to our hatchlings as a supplement to crix. However, they resemble beardie toes way too much and we had a couple of accidents so we stopped. :)

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i know mealworms are not good for beardies as they do not have any nutrition at all and dont they have a large amout of chitlin which is also bad

Chryss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you. I am picking up some Superworms from another place this afternoon. I am not sure what kind of meal worms they are but I don't want Alvin to get impacted. He really likes the Superworms anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom