Small lump on throat???Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

11ofclubs

Hello everyone, I had my bearded dragon out today and noticed as small lump on my bearded dragons throat area. Its on the beard more or less not the throat as much. Its a small hard bump and it is worrying me. I do not have my camera at the moment and will post pictures as soon as possible. Anything will help because I have no idea. She is eating salad with calcium powder and crickets fine. But when she is not eating she seems sluggish and tired. Please help. Elliot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is the bump on the outside of the beard area? Is it hard or soft to the touch?
Do you leave crickets in the tank with her?

It could be a cyst or an abscess possibly. Has it been getting larger recently?

Tracie

11ofclubs

Original Poster
Hi, It is in the beard area. It is hard to the touch. She eats the crickets as soon as they enter the cage. It could be a cricket bite seeing as I put a few more than normal in the cage all at one. But, they were all finished by bed time though a cricket bite could be possible. If it is a cyst of abscess then what should I do and is it harmful? Thank you for the reply Elliot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it could be a cricket bite possibly. I wouldn't leave the crickets in for all day though. You could try feeding her outside of the tank so she has a scheduled feeding time. Have you tried any worms for her as well?
If it is a hard bump, it is most likely a cyst. If it seems to bother her, it would be a good idea to go to the vet & have them aspirate some fluids from the area to determine if it has infection in it or not.

How is she doing otherwise?

Tracie

11ofclubs

Original Poster
photo-3.jpg
So I'm not sure if it is all to visible in the picture but, it is towards the bottom of the beard. The crickets were left in there tops 20 minutes alive. I normally watch her eat them and drop them one by one, It was just that day. I feed worms often usually super worms. I am looking into Phoenix and horn worms as well. It does not seem to bother her and my vet does not really know much about them. I would not trust my vet with my dragons surgery. If worst comes to worst I will find a vet in NY. Thank you Elliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom