Small dots on his underside..oh no!! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xesia

Today my husband and I noticed some small brownish spots on Komo's underside, and two on his inner thighs. I have not ever seen anything like this on him before, I'm worried it's something bad! but am hoping it's nothing.
Has anyone ever seen this before, or have an idea what it might be?

Thanks so much!

PowerShot003.jpg

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
Those are femoral pores and are completely normal. Males and females have them, but they are usually more prominent on males.

Xesia

Original Poster
Thank you very much, I am so relieved!
If you don't mind me asking.. what is the function and purpose of the femoral pores? I read that they are used in distinguishing males from females, but is there any other reason?

Thank you again for your help!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Xesia":62e47 said:
Thank you very much, I am so relieved!
If you don't mind me asking.. what is the function and purpose of the femoral pores? I read that they are used in distinguishing males from females, but is there any other reason?

Thank you again for your help!

Glad to help. I am going to leave this question to someone more experienced, b/c I really dont know too much about them other than what they look like etc...

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I am also not an expert, but from my understanding, with the males they often excrete a waxy discharge which they rub over their territory.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom