Small Beardie or Rankin Cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acpart

I got a 6 year old beardie last week from craigslist, free. The person I got her from had the dragon for 6 years and was looking to rehome her when her daughter started college. She told me that initially they hadn't realized how important supplementation was, but had corrected their husbandry. She clearly had suffered from MBD as you can see from the picture, especially with the kinked tail and misshapen front legs. I didn't get anything I wasn't expecting and the re-homer made full disclosure. I already have another (healthy) beardie and keep and breed a number of gecko species, so I'm no stranger to proper care and husbandry.

My main question is whether this is just a very small and stunted beardie (she's 14" from tip of nose to tip of tail, weighed 181 grams when I got her and has already gained 5 grams in the past week) or possibly a vitteceps/Rankin cross. Her head looks beardie to me, I can't tell if she has a beard, and I'm not sure if her pattern is possibly more of a Rankin pattern. Any thoughts would be appreciated
She's pictured having her first bath:

Aliza

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
She looks like a beardie to me. Her growth was probably just stunted due to lack of supplements and proper lighting.

She looks like she could be a cutie though, can you post a picture of her face? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom