Small amounts of red fluid in poop [ possibly blood ]

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Hey there, been stressing about this, since my mom keeps telling me I'm over-reacting when Snuggles is having an issue, sometimes I do over react yes, however, i am worried something might be wrong with her. The last 2 times she went poop, there was a small amount of what i believe is blood in her poop, I wasn't home the second time it happened, so I don't know exactly how it looked the second time, but the first time, on top of the poop there was a small amount of dark red liquid on top of her poop. I believe that she might be constipated, and I wanted to know whats the best way to help her alongside giving her a warm bath, and letting her soak in there for a bit.

Another concern is some of her pores are long, hard, and angled, making it hard to help her deal with them, they seem to bother her, they arent sticking out too much, but some are sticking out a little bit. She has a log she scratches herself on, along with other stuff she rubs against when running around the house.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Has she eaten anything that was red ? Try to get a pic the next time, sometimes an off colored poo or 2 is nothing of concern.
Post some pics of her pores though, only males have large enough pores to secrete anything.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Only Problem is, she doesnt have any hemipenes, but she does have large pores, she is 100% female however.
She has had multiple x-rays on her.
This is the best photo i can get currently.
20230908_182512.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Only Problem is, she doesnt have any hemipenes, but she does have large pores, she is 100% female however.
She has had multiple x-rays on her.
Can you post a sexing picture for us so we can verify? Picture from behind with tail arched back up towards head.

I agree with AHBD, 99 times out of 100 pores that large belong to a male.

-Brandon

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can you post a sexing picture for us so we can verify? Picture from behind with tail arched back up towards head.

I agree with AHBD, 99 times out of 100 pores that large belong to a male.

-Brandon
Not sure hoe to do that, and dont wanna hurt her tail, since her tail broke before we got her, and didnt heal right. However, she is 100% female, she has gotten 2 x rays at the vet, from her yearly checkup visits to the vet, and she has no signs of hemipenes, sorry for the late response btw; been busy with life, but yeah, shes a girl, otherwise I'd imagine she'd be humping the bearded dragon plush she snuggles with, and sleeps with, since the vet said she was partially sexually frustrated.

Inkticious

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Currently shes cuddling with me past her bed time, cuz i think i might of spooked or hurt her when trying to help with her pores. They're rock solid.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not sure hoe to do that, and dont wanna hurt her tail, since her tail broke before we got her, and didnt heal right. However, she is 100% female, she has gotten 2 x rays at the vet, from her yearly checkup visits to the vet, and she has no signs of hemipenes, sorry for the late response btw; been busy with life, but yeah, shes a girl, otherwise I'd imagine she'd be humping the bearded dragon plush she snuggles with, and sleeps with, since the vet said she was partially sexually frustrated.
Sad to say but many vets can't tell a male beardie from a female. There have been plenty of people that posted on this forum with a " vet assured " sexed beardie that turned out to be wrong.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom