slowing down on crickets, more veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafoo

right now my dragon is 18" and he normaly eats 30-40 crickets a day and 4 or so small superworms. hes always done good on his veggies but now hes eating a small handfull of collard greens and butternut squash with a bit of snow peas. i got him in december as a juvennile from petsmart so i have no clue how old he is but lately hes eating his 4 superworms since he loves those and 10 or so crickets, but most of the time i have to tong feed the crickets since he just isnt into it. is it about time to start on 80% veggies? im waiting for some phoenix worms to come in to see if hes just bored of crickets but i could only get mediums so hopefully they arent to small that he wont eat them

dchmom

My story is exactly the same as yours. I got my beardie from Petsmart around Christmas .... I just took him to the vet yesterday and she said I should be starting to change his diet to mostly greens and 20-40 crickets 3x a week. Hope this helps :)

mafoo

Original Poster
that definately helps, good to know that im around the right time to switch! although for the crickets ill probably go 10-20 a day and switch it up with phoenix, waxxies and supers since i dont think hed be happy with no meat for a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom