slow set up (pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that you found a neat rock outside too. Be sure to rinse the bleach off real well.

Let us know how the basking temp turns out.

Oh, guess it was the bed & blanket that you were posting about. That came out awesome.

Scribble

Original Poster
thank you very much ^_^
I don't have the lights yet, but that will be next paycheck!

also quick question: my screen top says it fits tanks that are 36.6"L x 18.5"W and since I already bought it I want to use it for my custom cage, but most people say to build it 4' x 2' x 2'. So I was wondering if it would work to have the it at that side and anywhere that's too big for the screen use these things: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-2-in-x-12-in-Zinc-Plated-Slotted-Angle-800097/204604757

will that work or will it not support it? @.@

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They look like they are quite strong, you'll have to see how well they're made. If you could post a picture of what you are planning, it would be helpful. Also let us know what you are planning to put on top of the area where the brackets would be used.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Scribble":2c0y6qhe said:
My best attempt at plans ^_^

i think i get it - you'll build a frame for the screen and use it as a lid? I'm not sure if that size opening will be enough for all the lights?

Scribble

Original Poster
Taterbug":eiv7h7xd said:
i think i get it - you'll build a frame for the screen and use it as a lid? I'm not sure if that size opening will be enough for all the lights?
yea and the lid says its 36.6" L x 18.5" W
which is why I was thinking of bars to hold the lid in place that why it won't be useless and I can have a big enclosure as well

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Scribble":mtwxb6o0 said:
Taterbug":mtwxb6o0 said:
yea and the lid says its 36.6" L x 18.5" W
which is why I was thinking of bars to hold the lid in place that why it won't be useless and I can have a big enclosure as well

You could also use wood boards/blocks instead of the L-Brackets.
Are you planning to put the UVB on the screen, or have a hole, or mount it inside? Even with the T5 its worth having the bulb unobstructed if you can.

Scribble

Original Poster
Taterbug":2uwm0cky said:
You could also use wood boards/blocks instead of the L-Brackets.
Are you planning to put the UVB on the screen, or have a hole, or mount it inside? Even with the T5 its worth having the bulb unobstructed if you can.
oh that's a good plan I didn't even think of that! I could use the wood from making the hole for the sliding glass for the support system <3

well I have this in my wishlist-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8FDI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=227A0I3BDMHT1&coliid=IZPZ0AOCZT2TR

but they have a 24" as well so I was just thinking of sitting that one on the screen, but wasn't sure it it could support it since I will be supporting the screen on those L-brackets. Though if I can mount it on wood that should be stable for them. Then I could put the lights on it as well, no?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I have a 24" T5 in-side my 4x2x2 - Depending on how you end up with it set up determines the way you use the bulb. If you use that bulb and fixture unobstructed you can use the "light and shade method" http://www.arcadia-reptile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/004_PRK_Mar13.pdf It allows you to offer a photo-gradient as well as a thermal-gradient with wich your dragon can self regulate.

Otherwise, if you use screen probably you want to use a longer bulbs and use the method the T8 bulbs use where a low level of UVB is provided over the whole tank.

Have you seen these plans? http://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html I think you could adapt them to your idea by building a wood frame (maybe 1x2s or something?) at the top that would also hold the lid. Then you can use their method of making the front area. I used those plans for my cage and more than once wished the lid was removable. lol

Scribble

Original Poster
I've seen those plans, but lost them when it stopped being where they used to be ^^;

So inside the tank would be better then outside? To be honest dealing with these lights are a bit confusing @.@

I hear Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB is a good UVB so it would better to get the 2 ft.T5 High 1-Bulb Output Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture for that and mount it inside the cage, correct? Or does it need that reflector thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom