Slow progress in holding

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby was shipped to me when she was "1.5 months" old. I doubt she was really that old and I had no idea of the process and that she'd be so traumatized. I felt horrible! Then, we had a rough start sourcing food for her tiny body. It took a while, but she has now doubled in size in the 9 weeks I've had her. She has also shed once and seems to be ready to go again. I believe her heat and light are ok and according to several monitoring methods, temps and humidity are good. She is getting better about me touching her and will let me hold her for a short amount of time in her tank, but if I try to take her out, she freaks still. :( What else can I do besides just wait? Is this normal? Thanks!

Her name is Etta James and she loves her dubia roaches, averaging about 30 per day plus her salad. She also has at least one poop per day and often two. I'd love any support.

102974-5199027834.jpg

102974-6221795836.jpg

102974-4600257529.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks happy and healthy in those photos. When she freaks out when you take her out of the tank does she seem scared, or is she darting off to investigate things out of curiosity?

EttaJamesMom

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3e7poevx said:
She looks happy and healthy in those photos. When she freaks out when you take her out of the tank does she seem scared, or is she darting off to investigate things out of curiosity?

I never thought of it like that. She just wants to jump and take off. Maybe she isn't super scared, but sorta curious?

EttaJamesMom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2uv2p97l said:
Can you post a pic of her tank and lighting?
thanks Karrie

I need to clean out the paper..she did a big poop this morning and I just tore out pieces. The light to the left is just the UVB and the one on the right is both. She loves to lay on her blankie, so there is one on each side of her tank. I want to get something built that gets her to be able to bask up higher, however, I live in a very warm environment and she often gets warm, so I'm not sure she needs to be much closer. Thanks for any feedback though. :)
102974-7590067028.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind is the UVB? You need a Reptison 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 10.0 T 5 for best UVB-- It needs to be inside your tank approx 10-11 inches from basking--- it is crucial for her health-- most of us on this forum recommend this lighting--your basking is probably ok -- how are you taking those temps?
Karrie

EttaJamesMom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ibpldc8 said:
What kind is the UVB? You need a Reptison 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 10.0 T 5 for best UVB-- It needs to be inside your tank approx 10-11 inches from basking--- it is crucial for her health-- most of us on this forum recommend this lighting--your basking is probably ok -- how are you taking those temps?
Karrie

I live on an island in Malaysia and do not have access to all of the same items as you may. I do have lighting purchased from the pet store (not a petco type one, but a local one). I use two inside thermometers that show temp and one shows humidity. I also have the infrared gun to take the temps. Her basking is around 100-105 and her cool side is around 85. She also gets a lot of natural sunlight during the day as she is in my living room and near big balcony glass doors.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you know what type of UVB it is? It should be placed inside the tank as your screen is blocking alot of the UVB rays- and the windows in the house do the same- the best UVB would be for him to be outside in direct sunlight-- can you order off of Amazon.com?
Karrie

EttaJamesMom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":w2yhia10 said:
Do you know what type of UVB it is? It should be placed inside the tank as your screen is blocking alot of the UVB rays- and the windows in the house do the same- the best UVB would be for him to be outside in direct sunlight-- can you order off of Amazon.com?
Karrie

I'm heading to the store tonight to look for better lighting, but yes, if nothing is found I will order off of Amazon. They do not always deliver all products here and lighting may be one, but I'll try. Thanks. I do think she is looking healthy (and vet agrees) but wish she was more cuddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom