Sleepy time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I went on vacation and missed my little guys! I thought of them everyday and made my sister send me pictures...am I crazy? Haha! When I came back my babies looked so much bigger than I remembered and PIP now has a new name...I call her Pudge....because my sister fed her so much lol. I mean she is a hungry girl and she will occasionaly over eat. She fed both Pip and Zippy together in the same 20 gallon cage and I told her that Pip made herself overeat because she will try to eat all the crickets so Zippy can't get any. Not too much exciting happening around here the waving continues everyday and head bobbing...oh boy my house is full of it.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Pip and Zip love their new cage and have a new variety of hillarious sleeping positions here are just two.

8f87f769.jpg

Pip always sleeps against the wall vertically...I find it so hillarious.

7cb837da.jpg

Zip is a bit more normal haha

e9c4341c.jpg

And Cagney's latest place....He just started sleeping on his tree this week. I love when his belly hangs off.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OH MY GOSH :shock: :shock: :shock:

Last night my cat somehow got the cage door open. I was not home I was out watching a late night movie but my mom told me when I got home that Louie my cricket catcher had somehow opened the cage door and then Zippy jumped out. He is still very tiny aroun 13 inches and was scared to death when my mom found him. He was cornered behind the cricket bin which is underneath the cage by my cricket catcher louie. My mom said she quickly grabbed him up and put him back in the cage. I freaked out when I got home and took him from his sleeping tree and woke him up...and boy did I get a blackbeard....haha He was not happy with me....I decided not to wake a sleeping bearded dragon ever again. He was ok no scratches or anything and I put him back in the cage and he felt right back to sleep.

And some more sleeping pictures:

8f87f769.jpg

Pip sleeping

e9c4341c.jpg

Cagney Sleeping (howd he get in pip and zips post?)

eefee132.jpg

And crystal....I love her little legs hanging off the rock.

72023357.jpg

Woke Pip up when I took this one...How can this be comfortable?

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Seems like I am the only one posting on this thread anymore thats ok helps me keep track of my Poopers. I need to buy a scale because I would like to know how much my babies weigh. I measured both of them today and Zippy is 1/4 of an inch smaller than Pip and Pip is quite older than Zippy. Haha they both measured a little larger than 14 inches :shock: they are getting too big. I will have new better non camera phone pictures on here soon.

I LOVE the arm waving video!!! I haven't been lucky enough to see my girl headbob OR wave, and it was so precious! You have beautiful little poopers. :)

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am thinking about making a video of Zippy trying to be a big shot around our full grown male cagney but people on here might think I am evil for stressing out my bearded dragons. He full black beards and does this funny tilt run and really waves and head bobs its great. However, its probably dangerous but all cagney tries to do is lick him. I'll think about it...its really quite hillarious how he tries to act so macho and he's 3 sizes smaller than Cagney haha

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Just love all your pics of Pip and Zippy, they are very sweet, and I'm glad you were able to give them their own space.
You mentioned your beardies are rescues, can you tell their story?

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well Pip and Zippy are not rescues but I did rescue three bearded dragons. I found them in a pet store for 100 dollars each. 2 males one female. They were severely dehydrated and in need of UVB bad because they had severe back shed. I bargained with the guy and bought them for 75 each which still was a little steep. I realize that I was just contributing to his terrible pet store but they were looking at me and were in such terrible horrid conditions I had to get them out. I had them for about 3 months and they fattened up and went to good homes. In fact I just got rid of the last one to a student at the local university who recently lost her bearded dragon 2 months prior. I was hesitant to put the last one in the paper but I did and I found the sweetest girl ever to take her for 75 so I did not lose too much money on my investment. She is now in a 100 gallon tank with tons of stuff to climb on I can post pics if you would like. My sister also took one of the males and boy he is a character. We think he is a sandfire citrus morph he shows all red right before he sheds and after he sheds he is a pale yellow with a really dark back side. The third one who was healthiest went to a couple that my fiance knows. He is doing well and I am so excited that I was able to find the three of them really good homes. I have pictures on a different thread in rescues if youd like to take a look of them but they look ten times better than that now. Cagney, the one my sister took is an expensive eater he likes super worms and horn worms....He won't eat crickets even if he is starving. I love it and Pip and Zippy started it all. They are now 6 months and 5 months old Zippy is being a boy and Pip is trying to be as irrisistable as possible lol

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I will have pictures up really soon I have an awesome video of Zippy's first real beard puff and him trying to show Cagney that there is a new man in town. I was giving Cagney a bath and Zippy decided he was going to be a big shot. I will post those either tomorrow or friday. I have been super busy and can't keep up because school has started and I have hardly any time for myself between that and taking care of bearded dragons haha.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the long wait but student teaching takes ALOT of my time and I haven't had a day off in two weeks. WOOHOO labor day weekend! 3 days of rest and relaxation...or lesson planning and writing.

Without further adue here is the video of Zippy's first bearding. He can now fully blackbeard and he loves to display his "man-man" colors and flip his tail at our other male.

Hope you like =D

DSCF2837.jpg

Zippy my handsome little man

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2848.jpg

DSCF2850.jpg

DSCF2853.jpg

DSCF2855.jpg

DSCF2856.jpg

And here is Pip of course...thesae are two pictures I took today.
DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2869.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Just loved the video, was Zippy bearding at Pip? Showing his big boy beard, cutie patootie!! You'll have to submit some pics to Alex for this years calendar.............Don't you just love how fiesty they can be at times.............precious!

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He was actually bearding at cagney out 1 year old male. I was bathing cagney and had Zippy sitting on the counter and he just started doing that. It was the cutest thing. We just expanded our family again and got another bearded dragon. She is a hypo leatherback and just gorgeous. We won her in a raffle at a reptile expo. Well she isnt mine but shelives at my house lol just like cagney. We also came home with a tortoise....HE IS ADORABLE. We had been thinking about a baby sulcata for a year and a half now and we saw this little guy and couldn't pass him up.

I measured my bearded dragons today and I foundout Zippy grew an inch with his last shed :shock: he is now 5 months old and 17 inches....I measured him last week and he was only 16....I was so suprised. He has now officially passed Pip up in length. I love my little bearded dragons =D well not so little anymore. I'll take some more pictures soon and maybe take a video of his stomping and bearding when we have cagney out although we really have to watch cagne because he will take a bite....

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Rukia1988":3qfdrys9 said:
He was actually bearding at cagney out 1 year old male. I was bathing cagney and had Zippy sitting on the counter and he just started doing that. It was the cutest thing. We just expanded our family again and got another bearded dragon. She is a hypo leatherback and just gorgeous. We won her in a raffle at a reptile expo. Well she isnt mine but shelives at my house lol just like cagney. We also came home with a tortoise....HE IS ADORABLE. We had been thinking about a baby sulcata for a year and a half now and we saw this little guy and couldn't pass him up.

I measured my bearded dragons today and I foundout Zippy grew an inch with his last shed :shock: he is now 5 months old and 17 inches....I measured him last week and he was only 16....I was so suprised. He has now officially passed Pip up in length. I love my little bearded dragons =D well not so little anymore. I'll take some more pictures soon and maybe take a video of his stomping and bearding when we have cagney out although we really have to watch cagne because he will take a bite....

So let me see if I understand,................ Pip and Zippy are your beardies, and Cagney and your new beardie are not yours? Sorry for being so numb.............Will you be adding your leatherback and tortoise to this thread? Will be looking forward to pics again of all, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom