Sleepy time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's scary! It's good that you were there to stop it before it got any worse. I'm glad no precious beardies were hurt and all are fine.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh my word..................you must have been out of your mind and so scared, thank goodness everyone is safe and sound, 5 reptiles were unconscious??????????? What did you do to bring them back? I can't imagine you walking into the room full of smoke???? How's everyone now, including you????

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG I'm just glad everyone's ok & that you got all the smoke out of the room. What a scare for you (tell your husband you'd never start a fire in the reptile room). Glad Maya's ok, too, guess she got over her RI from January. Is your heart beat back to normal yet?
Deb

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was super scared but my husband was the one who caught it. My heart is back to normal. Yes 5 reptiles unconscious. They came back on their own after they were out of the smoky room. Everyone seems to be doing well. Bearded dragons are eating more than usual. Question. Is it hard for beardies to digest dubia wings? Either one of my females is tossing her cookies in the cage ornot digesting the bugs all the way. I gave pip about 15 collectively over the past few days and im worried she's not digesting because she is egg bound? Would they throw up because of that?

Maya is doing well. Her RI is not noticeable and her absess on her leg has minimized healed and not causing any problems. Only thing im afraid of is she has some parasites because it seems she only gains weight in her belly. Her fat stores seem pretty low. She's also carrying some infertile eggs. Who knows.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm not really sure about the dubia wings, I never gave my beardies large dubia's, are you giving the the adults? I know you have to give them the correct size dubia for the size beardie. I'm sure the other gals will chime in.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah they seem to be fine I stopped feeding them adult dubias....I think I'll feed them nymphs from now on just to be safe. It seemed like the only thing there was undigested wings....no roachie parts....

In other news Azura (who I didn't even know was packing eggs) decided to lay 37... :shock: I think she had another yesterday because there is a big yellow splat in the ground like a smooshed egg (and she's in a cage all by her lonesome while recooperating). I couldn't believe she had so many! She's so tiny! the eggs were pretty small as well, unlike pips big honkers! I am anxious to see what will come in the next couple months as I decided that I was going to put Zippy and Pip together and Pumpkin and Percious. Although Pip was with Percious for 2 days but he's new at this so he hasn't even been bearding much. I know its a crazy idea but afterwards if I found it wasn't a good idea I will keep them apart for next season and so on. I just think it will be such an awesome experience and an awesome thing to share with kids! I do summer programs that involve reptiles so maybe they will be hatching by the time they start!

So busy and I just made myself busier with this decision haha! Go me.....

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pip is at it again digging like a crazy girl! Only problem is she won't dig in the laybin.....Not at all! I had soil in the before and now I have playsand. I put her favorite cave tree in there today and we will see if she decides to lay today. Her eggs are so big inside her I can feel them! The first clutch was slugs so they were not too large this time she's been with the boy so perhaps we will be having some little pip babies! I had her with Zippy for a while and then put her with percius....I don't know who papa is....I don't even know if they are fertile since my males are not extremely good at this mating thing.

Pumpkin and Azura are getting fatter and fatter so hopefully we see some eggies out of them soon as well. Anybody want any babies? lol

If the dad is percius then we will have some hypo leather backs but if its Zippy we will have some sunglow citrus pastels....if thats such a thing....

we will know 60 days from now haha I can't wait.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Babies babies and more babies Azura is in the lay bin now digging away! I am so excited because she might be having some fertile eggies as well! I was freaking out however because Pip laid such a large clutch and Azuras infertiles counted all the way to 38 eggs....I hope she doesn't lay that many this time I won't be able to incubate them all! Pumpkin is still holding out for something. She looks so wise as she peers from the cage like she has big plans brewing. She only laid one clutch of fertiles last year and I expect it to be the same his year. When she lays them though they are HUGE! (well shes a big lady over 600 grams and 20 inches long)

I just hope I can afford to feed all these babies....I might be asking for bug donations lol I have an established dubia colony but I know it can get wiped out in a matter of weeks with 30+ babies. I need to do some nymph shopping....(PS I hate crickets)

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I forgot to post when Azura layed her eggs. She laid 30 eggs again but only 15 were fertile. The rest were all dimpled and flabby. They are developing nicely in the incubator lots of nice veins and they swelled up to a much larger size than they were. They are actually bigger than Pip's eggs and I am concerned that Pip's babies are lacking moisture. I have a few eggs dimpling in the container and the hatchrite seems dry. I added two tablespoons of water along the sides of the container I am not sure I can add it anywhere else without getting water on the eggs. What should I do? I think the night she laid my husband left the hatchrite out too long and it lost its moisture, me never using the stuff before thought thats what it looked and felt like however when Azura layed eggs and I put the hatchrite into her containers it was wetter than Pip's bedding. I also lifted the egg container up and there was condensation on the bottom. I really don't want Pip's eggs to go bad as she is my gorgeous dragon and I have had many requests for babies....I mated her with a leathback as well so they will have some great credentials. Anyone has any advice let me know.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You might want to post that question in the breeding section, you'll probably get a better answer than here. Glad to hear you've got some babies coming! That's exciting! So do you sell them once they're old enough?

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will be selling them between 4-6 weeks of age. I have 42 eggs brewing right now and all of Azuras are fertile and developing I will upload a candeled picture Its so facinating. I am really doing this for fun the first time around since I have never tried to. Once people started asking about Pip and how much I would sell her for I decided to breed her since she is rather stunning and Percius is a good match. We will see. Photobucket won't let me upload it =C

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Welcome to photobucket stress, it's been acting strange for me, too. If I bulk upload I lose the internet connection, so have to load them one by one, pain in the your know what! Looking forward to seeing a candled egg, never seen one before.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that is amazing, so many veins. So that's what a candled egg looks like, no wonder you're excited. They're ready around 55-60 days, right? I'll be waiting to see baby beardies in just over a month, you're going to be a busy lady!

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah at the moment they are 21 days along. I moved Pip's eggs to a new container because the old one was way too big and there was too much air in there. Some of the eggs have reinflated but a few are still dimpled. I am told to leave them alone and stop ofening the containers lol. ITS SO HARD NOT TO! I will though from now on since I was probablly not doing the eggs any good and the development was not happening because of it. Now they should develop just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom