Sleepy Baby Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Talyn 5 days ago and due to some relocation stress he hasent been eating well but appears to be on the mend now.

I bought him with my partner as have been pining for a lizard for over 3 years now and after seeing him alone in a tank of 6 other beardies (sitting atop the branch whilst the others huddled under the light bulb I knew he was the one for me.

With him having some relocation stress I thought it would be best to leave him alone to settle. Ive been feeding him 3 or 4 crickets a day , removing when he dosent eat and making myself public enemy number 1 by spraying him daily for moisture.

Tonight when I turned off his sun lamp , he came to the glass and tried to climb it. This is the most active ive seen him in days , so thinking he was getting better I put my hand into the viv, only to have him run onto my hand and fall fast asleep in my palm. The little guy is only 3 months old and 6 inches and it was possibly the cutest thing ive ever seen lol

Just completely crached out on my hand, only the second time ive ever held him

this may mean nothing to anyone or everything to someone but it meant alot to me lol.

amime

Hatchling Member
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

That is just such a sweet image. Guess he trusts you already if he can crash like that.

I can't wait to have my own little sweetie at home.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I completely understand. However, you forgot to post pictures. WE LOVE pictures.

It's wonderful when they bond with you. You will feel that even more when he prefers being on your shoulder/chest instead of in his viv.

Awwww......I wish Daytona would do stuff like that. She's a bit of a spaz. She always has to be into something!. My stunt dragon, always trying to jump onto or off of everything. One of these days I'm going to make her a crash helmet out of a lime or something...

I guess not everyone can have a cuddle bug!

NXSmiggy

Original Poster
he ususaly is quite spritley, however it seems sometimes he decides he just HAS to sleep in the most uncofortable places lol

just changed his substrate from calci-sand to tiles (feel ALOT safer now)

just glad he seems comfortable with me, even though he really dosent seem to like my fiance tho lol

renich

Juvie Member
that is so sweet. the visual image is enough to warm the heart...they are so small and vulnerable at that age. it's great he found comfort in your hand.

why doesn't he like your fiance?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
hehe my beardie also doesnt like my other half.
she will death glare him if he comes in the room and im handling her.
she also diggs her claws into me and can een scurry up to my neck and sit on it in a MINEMINEMINEMINE manner!
i think its super funny.

maybe they just dont want to share?

NXSmiggy

Original Poster
im 110% sure thats exactly how it is lol.

he sits and stares at her through the glass and always try to escape when she handles him , just seems to close his eyes when i pick him up lol. just waiting for him to be old enough to allow to run around for a bit so he can get out of his 4 walls lol

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Be careful. If they get too comfy sleeping with you, they may start insisting you tuck them in every night! Mine refuse to go to sleep unless I'm holding them. I'll have them in their blankies and if I stop petting them before they're fully asleep, they will open one eye and wiggle as if to say, "Keep petting woman. I'm not asleep yet." When their lights go off for the night they go to the edge of the tank and stare at me. If I'm not home when the timers go off, I come in to find them in the weirdest positions like an L shape up the tank wall. I find myself leaving places early to get home to them! Heed my words! Be careful of sleep spoiling! :lol:

supertrisha

Juvie Member
dolcedragon":a97bb said:
Heed my words! Be careful of sleep spoiling! :lol:

Glad to know im not the only one who made this mistake. I was holding Dragon one night and fell asleep on the bed with Dragon on one side, Harley (50lb canine) on the other side, and James on the couch! My better half was not amused!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom