Sleeppy Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennBeardy

Hey guys i wanted to ask why my beardie is falling asleep at around 5-6 at night
i wake him up to eat around 7 in the morning.hes about 4 months old and
i know its not burmination. hes to young. but i do have a red light i put on at night
i was wondering would it be disrupting his sleep? i was thiking of getting a light
that doesint give light but just heat anyone have any ideas? thanks alot guys!

The red light is not good for them, night or day. It hurts their eyes and can cause problems.
At night they need complete darkness to get the sleep they need, because they can still see any light even if it is colored or not. As long as your temps stay above 60*F then your beardie should be just fine. :)
What type of lighting are you using during the day? What type of UVB?

BennBeardy

Original Poster
Im using a repti glo 10.0 uvb tube and a repti glo 10.0 somthing lol its a blue light but
doesint put out the blue light.

Unfortunately, the repti-GLO is yet another bulb that is very damaging to their eyes and if used must be at least 10" away from them at all times. The repti-SUN 10.0 is the proper uvb tube that many people on here are always talking about.
Also, while using these uvb tube lights such as the one you are using, what type of light are you using for basking? It's important to also have a bright white light to put off the necessary heat to maintain the right temperatures along side the uvb.

Personally, I purchased a MVB bulb that produces the proper amount of heat and also has the UVB. (2 in 1). It's called the Powersun 100watt. It's been working wonderfully for me and my beardies.

The choices are up to you, but I would definitely remove the red light and if you're able to, I would purchase one of the above uvb lights for your beardie as well. He will thank you for it later. ;)

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like you have a double prob. The light at night as was pointed out and the Repti- GLO 10.0. The R-G has been shown to cause eye probs and other probs. You need to switch to a Repti-SUN 10.0, it is so easy to mix up the two. If you switch out the uvb and turn everything at night I bet your sleepy dragon perks up for you. :D If not PM Tracie, Drache613, she can help.

Sandy H

BennBeardy

Original Poster
well currently i have no money to buy the proper uvb atm
but he has no sticks to go up to it close so im gonna have to wait a bit
but untill then i will try the lights off tonight and let you know how it works in the morning.

Definitely! I completely understand, seeing how I'm a college student I don't exactly have all the money in the world either. ;)
I think that as long as you turn out the light at night you should be just fine. The UVB you have now is better than not having one at all, and I'm sure you'll see improvement just from taking out the night light.

Do you have the bright white light during the day for basking? You can use a regular household bulb and put that in place of the red light you were using.

Keep us posted! Hope this helps. :D

BennBeardy

Original Poster
I use some sort of Repti-glo 10.0 bulb not a uvb one its just a day light and its right over his rock
i forget what kind but i think its just a day light i have one fixture for his uvb and daylight
i dont have a septerate baskking light fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom