Sleeping with head straight up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIsaC

My year old beardie all of a sudden is sleeping with her head straight up in the air, anyone know what it could be? I read somewhere could be a RI..

Her cage is 6 foot with an Arcadia light and her basking spot is 110-115 degrees.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is a pretty hot basking spot. Even for a baby, temps should NEVER go over 110. And adults like it much warmer usually.

Try lowering the temperature at the basking surface.

Is she displaying any other signs of URI?

-Brandon

LIsaC

Original Poster
Her cage is big enough to cool down, her cool side is about 80 degrees... And she's not really a baby at a year. She's like 530 grams.. But no she isn't coughing, puffing or anything.. It's just her head.. 1st time ever she's slept like this, usually she plays dead all nice and flat.. I really can't figure out what it could be

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
xxlisacorinnexx":16bjxylf said:
Her cage is big enough to cool down
Not my point at all. If the basking spot is too hot, the dragon won't bask. It doesn't matter if your cool side is 30 degrees.

xxlisacorinnexx":16bjxylf said:
And she's not really a baby at a year
I didn't say she was. I said 115 is hot even to a baby. Which means.. it's REALLY hot to an adult... Which means... you probably want to dial it down, seeing as your dragon isn't a baby.. Point I was trying to get across.

If it has only happened once, there really isn't a point in being worried about it.

Your basking temperature is more concerning than this one-off display of a strange sleeping position.

-Brandon

LIsaC

Original Poster
If she didn't bask then I'd change the temps, but she uses it and has different levels to sit on if it was too hot.. But one of the reasons I've noticed her sleeping is bc she's been under the basking spot all day.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Basking temp for an adult dragon really shouldn't go above 105*. I've noticed that no matter how hot it is, they will sit under the basking spot. That doesn't mean it's not cooking their little brains. Even if it's too warm, they won't move most of the time, and just go where they normally sit, no matter how hot. So yes, it is dangerous, but do what you want with your dragon.

As for her sleeping with her head straight up, sounds normal to me. My male does that sometimes.

LIsaC

Original Poster
That's all I was asking. Just wanted to know if anyone ever seen that before.. And as for the know it alls about dragon care. I live in Florida where most people house dragons outside.. In the summer using a temp gun the basking spots can get up to 120 and the dragons flourish.. I understand people try to help, but don't assume there is only one correct way to do something and there is no need to push and write the same thing 4 times about something other then the topic bc that's not helping it's just being a know it all.. Thanks again

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
xxlisacorinnexx":192we36p said:
That's all I was asking. Just wanted to know if anyone ever seen that before.. And as for the know it alls about dragon care. I live in Florida where most people house dragons outside.. In the summer using a temp gun the basking spots can get up to 120 and the dragons flourish.. I understand people try to help, but don't assume there is only one correct way to do something and there is no need to push and write the same thing 4 times about something other then the topic bc that's not helping it's just being a know it all.. Thanks again

If that's the way you think, then why are you on this forum? We're only giving advice about what we've found by having dragons. If you think you know a better way to do it, then more power to you. Doesn't mean you have to act like a snot when suggestions are made.

Have a nice day.

LIsaC

Original Poster
There is a difference from helping and what you two were doing.. The reason I'm on this forum is bc I had a simple question that I couldn't find. Your last two lines were the only things on topic, other then that you just repeated exactly what the other guy said 3 times.. And as for me being "snotty" , well you just told a complete stranger that shes dangerous to something she cares about with out even knowing if it was dangerous.. If you ask me that's just rude.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Actually, I was making a statement, NOT accusing you. But if that's the way you took it, so be it.

G'day.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Knew this was gonna turn out this way the second I got a response to my initial post.

Amazing.

Oops, better not say that. Would hate to be labeled a know-it-all.

-Brandon

LIsaC

Original Poster
Well the know it all knew it... Shocker.. And even making a comment just to say that proves my point.. So unless you two have any experience with a dragon sleeping with their head up I'm asking nicely to please just stop commenting on the thread .. Thank you

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Apparently me answering you still means I don't know anything...Or am a know it all. Whatever. Take it how you will, as I already answered your question.

Mistyck":39l7xx1j said:
As for her sleeping with her head straight up, sounds normal to me. My male does that sometimes.

Lighten up on the forum and us "know it all's," or you yourself are going to sound like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom