Sleeping question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, I was just looking at some pictures of sleeping beardies, and it made me wonder, do you put your beardies to sleep at night when it's time for bed for them? (i.e. putting them on their blanket,t-shirt,etc) or do the lights just go off and you let them fall asleep wherever they decide? I've always turned Charlie's lights off and then set him on top of his blanket at wrapped him up so the light from my room wouldn't bother him. I'm tempted to just shut his lights off and see where he goes to see what funny position he decides to slumber in :D

i turn my beardies lights off at about 9pm and put a heat lamp on, after about 10 mins the both wall about getting ready for bed i think loland then on goes in they hide and the other one curles up behind one of the wodden branches, so they know once lights are out its time for bed lol :) x

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Since I had to take Sarth's log out of his cage I've been wrapping him up in his t-shirt when his lights go out, since he doesn't go to sleep if the lights in the room are on even if his are off. Before I took his log out, when his lights went off he would sit on his hammock for a few minutes, then jump down and run under his log.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I think it happened from the first time we had taken Digger to the vet, we put him in a cat carrier after padding it up real well and he seemed to like it, then something happened one night..I don't remember exactly what it was I think Digger was on our bed roaming around and we had the cat carrier on the bed with the towel over it still, it was near his bed time, he was walking around, went into the carrier, wiggled in and went to sleep so we covered him up and closed the door. Next morning when I got up I took him out, it just develped that way that he wanted to sleep in his carrier and that's where he slept the next 8 years, we even had a heating pad under it, but with the towel on the top of the pad and the cushions inside the carrier, he wouldn't be hot, we only used it when it got below 40 and our bedroom was kinda on the 50ish side.

Everytime I'm about to go to sleep when I turn off Trevors lights he always gets to bothered by mine, so now its always the same thing every night, turn off his lights pick him up and put him in his blanket and cover his head so he can sleep. If I don't do it he never sleeps! :D It's adorable

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I leave them be for the most part. I use timers to control the lights, so they know when bedtime's coming and usually settle into their spot sometime before the lights go out. if their sleep is being disturbed by our lights and sounds, I'll cover them up with a blanket.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
All of my dragons lights are on timers, when the lights go out they find a cozy spot and go to sleep. Sometimes Dojo sleeps standing up laying against the glass of his tank.

NickNewk

I just turn off Dweezils lights around 10:00pm, and I cover his enclosure with a sleeping bag on one side, and a towel on the other. This traps some of the residual heat he loves, and also blocks out the light while I study. When lights are out he climbs his favorite stick and falls asleep, sometimes in some pretty humorous positions. I can tell he loves it as well, because when I check on him before I hit the sac, he is practically white and sprawled out.

Livey

Extreme Poster
I do a bit of both, I used to cuddle them to sleep in blankets all the time, but then i found they wouldn't go to sleep when i dident cuddle them..
So now i do a bit of both, they do find some odd places to go to sleep though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom