Sleeping outside of viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

Sometimes I let my bearded dragon fall asleep on me outside of his viv but he skin darkens and gets stress marks on his stomach. He doesn't puff his beard out or get annoyed with me when I wake him up to put him back in his viv, but it makes me worry about his health. When I put him back in his viv to warm up he goes back to his bright colors and loses the stress marks. I'm assuming it's because he's cold while he's asleep on me but does that mean it's not safe?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I have 3 and they all sleep in their own fleece blankets. We put them in a dragon burrito and when one falls asleep we put her on top of the cushions of the couch. So if they do wake up they are safe if they wake up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All my pet lizards have frequently slept on us , next to us on the lounge , on the floor (they find a place where they wont be stepped on and can't be sneaked up on) …. I'm talking water skinks, bluetongue skinks and bearded dragons.

Perfectly normal for a tame and very happy and contented and safe / secure feeling lizard.

Alupe

Original Poster
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure his darkened colors/marks where because he was getting cold and not because he's stressing out. I suppose he wouldn't fall asleep on me if he was stressing huh :sleepy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom