Sleeping as soon as he's in the cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
As I posted before, I got Shenron a new basking bulb (Zoomed 150 watt spot light). However, since then (and since we put him on the calcium), he's been acting super lethargic. I take him out in the afternoon so he can get some sun, but he won't actively bask unless I put him in the basking spot, and even then, he'll only bask for 5-10 minutes. He'll eat his vegetables and his crickets, but not in the amount he used to. He no longer touches his food pellet. My brother said he passed a bowel movement three days ago, but I'm not so sure. I haven't felt any impaction and I bathe him in warm water for about 20 minutes every day. The bulb was originally too hot, so I raised it, and it seems to be the correct temperature now, but he still won't bask. If I take him out, he'll climb around, but I'd like to see him not sleep until the light goes off and actively bask himself, as well as eat his normal amount of food. Could it just be the brand of bulb? I know he's not brumating because his cycle begins in November.

Thank you.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Sorry if you've already answered this but what are his new temperatures? What type and brand of UVB do you use? How old is that UVB? When do your lights come on and turn off?
Sara

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The new temps are 101 F in the basking area (he is no longer gaping as he was originally). The UVB is a ReptiSun 10.0 tube. It was just replaced three days ago. Once Shenron is out of the cage, he's super active. Once he's back in it, bam! He's back to sleep within ten minutes. The light comes on around seven and is out by six (both are on an automatic timer). He sits near the basking site, but not actually on the rock that is the actual site of his basking when he did bask.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Did you have a reptisun 10.0 before as well? I assume he is actually laying his head down and not just closing his eyes? I really have no idea... wish I could be more help.
Sara

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, I had a repti-sun as well last time. Yes, that is exactly how he is acting. Almost...brumation-ish.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
The only other thing I could recommend is a fecal exam if one hasn't been done lately. Maybe that'll tell more... Sorry I can't help more and I hope this resolves itself soon!
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom