Sleep walking? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah26

The strangest and quite horrifying thing happened to me the other night... My beardie loves to sleep on my shoulder and bed. I always let him sleep a while on my bed under the covers. I placed him on my lap then under the covers, where he slept peacefully for 2 hours. I then wanted to sleep myself, so naturally for safety reasons had to put him back to his bed.(His cave in his viv). As I woke him, he was startled and seemed very confused. I picked him up and he just JUMPED off my hand and onto the floor, started runnnnning like crazy... I tried picking him up and he opened his mouth so widely and puffed his 'black' beard at me. Yes I almost peed on my pants. He is the tamest animal I have ever come by,seriously! I must have woken him up from some nightmare. Oh I forgot to add an important point, after I put him to sleep on my bed, I took a shower, put on cream and smelled very differently. That's probably why he freaked out. It took me a few min to calm him down as I was too trying to calm my self as well!

That was a week ago. TODAY it happened again. Only this time I didn't shower. No perfume, nothing. I woke him up and he was half asleep, eyes barely open, picked him up and he opened his mouth then jumped off my hand, but this time it was even more bizzare... He actually ran out of my room and bumped into another door, and kept running, like up the door! I pulled him away from the door so he ran in the opposite driection again bumping into things. I was afraid to pick him up, but I had to. I forced his mouth shut and started humming to him to calm him down. Hes slowly did, then I put him to sleep. He was scared, but that's all, I mean he wasn't trying to bite me, he would have if he wanted to, as I did nothing to protect myself.

WTH was that? I swear he is extremely tame, almost boringly so usually!

And the reason why I named this thread 'sleep walking' is coz he looked like he really was sleeping. When awake he doesn't run the way he did tonight. It really looked like he didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Did anything like that happen to any of you?

lol!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Whoa, that's weird.. never heard anything like that before!
perhaps he`s just a grumpy sleeper?
Not really much i can think of right now lol..

spikerocks

Juvie Member
The only thing I can suggest is wrapping him in a towel or blankie before he falls asleep. That way when u pick him up he's all snuggled and safely wrapped. Plus if he gets scared, he'll be inside the fabric and not able to get at u. My guess would be that u startled the heck out of him!

Sarah26

Original Poster
I must have startled him, but I guess he prefers sleeping on my bed a lot more than in his viv. Iv'e noticed he really loves to snuggle in the covers.
I do have a blanlet-towel sorta thing in his viv, but it isn't as comfortable (duh) I think he was just MAD at me for disturbing his peacefull sleep to put him back in his not so comfy bed.

The next day he was extra sweet to me though. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom