Slate Tile Substrate Fail... replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my beardies have slate tile as substrate. It was gorgeous in the beginning but now it's starting to be a real downer. Little bits flake off every time I clean the tiles, and its starting to become impossible to get completely clean. I can let them soak in the tub for hours on end and there's still bits of grossness stuck on the tile and in the little cracks...

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that looks good but is much easier to clean. I don't have much for extra money right now but this isn't working out...

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Keep the slate... Use 3 coats of polyurethane, and allow to cure completely (normally around 8 hours). You'll have to recoat every few months, but that slate is just too good to toss out.
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom