Skull/brain deformity? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcal

Original Poster
AHBD":3hapnipz said:
I think it's just an oddly shaped skull, you say he doesn't act any differently and some of the other babies had it. If it's not soft then it's probably the way his bone developed and will probably be fine. If you want to have a vet look at it you might see what an X-ray shows you. ONLY a vet with lots of beardie experience, an inexperienced vet can cost you a ton of money and can kill your dragon . If it is just the skull shape [ I think it is ] then nothing could be done anyway.

Yeah.. he acts fine. It's hard. He's growing and it actually seems to be reducing a bit.

But the very confusing part is, pretty much all the other beardies had it. And this one's a leatherback. The others were reg. Is there... any explanation to that..?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They were all probably clutchmates. Leatherbacks hatch out in among normal babies if one or more parent dragon was a leatherback.

Calcal

Original Poster
AHBD":3bhijl75 said:
They were all probably clutchmates. Leatherbacks hatch out in among normal babies if one or more parent dragon was a leatherback.
Hmm. Might it possibly be genetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom