Since none of my family, friends, or co-workers care....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stycim

I figured I'd share with some people who understand!

I got my 3rd, and hopefully final, shipment of dubia yesterday. I got 500 or so nymphs, a couple hundred large nymphs, 20 adult females, and 10 adult males! (Although I don't know if I really got 10 males... I only saw about 4 or 5). And before I added them to my bins I found one adult female that wasn't there a week ago. She was in my breeder bin that houses all the nymphs that I had received that were too large for Growler to eat. So let the breeding begin! :blob5:

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome! That's a lot of roachies. Your colony should be up and running before you know it!

I also know how you feel about none of your family, friends, or co-workers caring, lol. Everyone I talk to about my lizard or feeder bugs either looks at me like i'm crazy or tells me that bugs are disgusting and they can't believe i keep thousands of them in my apartment when most people pay exterminators to GET RID OF bugs.

I'm so glad this forum exists. There are so many people here who understand!!

Stycim

Original Poster
Hahaha. Exactly! I was so excited I almost put up something on my Facebook, but quickly realized that no one would care. At least my husband and 3.5yr old son are at least partially interested!

Oh, and my dad just thinks it's totally bizarre! He works for a pest control company so he jokes that he'll just have some of his workers bring me some samples of what they find. LOL. I don't think so!

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, I put stuff up on facebook about my lizard and bugs all the time. People usually just comment and say "EWWWW!"

Ric

Hatchling Member
LMAO

When I got my Dub's a good friend came over. I showed them to him. He just shook his and walked away saying, "You win".

I asked him what he meant and he said that I by far have the oddest and strangest hobbies of anyone he's known.

It's kind of funny but I enjoy playing with the roaches and just watching them.

simpleman

Hatchling Member
i feel eggzactly the same way, im like woohoo, im gettin roaches, and my wife is like "i didnt want to know that"... no one cares, but i cant wait to see some more baby roaches...ive only have one "set" of babies hatch....waitin on more of course...good luck breeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom