Silkworm Suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
Hi there,

I am interested in buying some silkworms to try for my bearded dragon. However all the silkworm suppliers I have found seem to be out east and only ship locally. I've found eggs through a few suppliers closer to me (I'm in Saskatchewan) but would rather make sure she likes them before I buy eggs and start culturing them. Just wondering if anyone knows where I could order some? Thanks.

babytrees

Hey. I'm in Alberta... I use bugorder.com I've had great experiences with them, very fast shipping and since we have been ordering from them for awhile they will give us deals, so that's a bonus! haha BUT I don't think they sell silkworms straight up. I believe it's just eggs and food. It's fairly cheap as well. 500 eggs for $9... Where in Saskatchewan are you? I know a few places that may carry silkworms.

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi!
Thanks for the response, yup I've ordered from Bugorder before but wanted to order some live ones to make sure my dragon would eat them. I have some coming from silkworms.ca but if you have any more recommendations that'd be appreciated. I'm in Saskatoon. :mrgreen:

babytrees

Okay, so I contacted my friend, who knows a lot more than me about suppliers in Saskatoon and Regina, and he said that because silkworms are hard to keep/ship that most places don't bother, they just sell the eggs. I think to just try the eggs will be good enough, it's cheap enough that it's not a complete waste. just time consuming

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got an order coming from silkworms.ca to try out, they are going to next day them out to me by UPS so they should be here tomorrow. I also ordered some eggs and chow and give that a go as well. Thanks for your replies! :p

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got my silkworms from silkworms.ca and they arrived like they said next day and they were all alive. My beardie loves them!!!! :p

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
BlueDevil":1l9pruje said:
I got my silkworms from silkworms.ca and they arrived like they said next day and they were all alive. My beardie loves them!!!! :p
how much did it cost? :O

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
I but silkworms from canadianfeeders.ca (or .com, I don't remember). They are located in Ontario but ship in Quebec (where I am) and I have not seen any restriction in shipping location. But silkworm shipping may stop for winter, so now is the time to stock up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom