Silkworm Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tignish99

Hatchling Member
I am thinking of ordering 1000 silkworm eggs and food. How long do the eggs last in the fridge? I have read anywhere between 3 months and several years. What have people experienced? What percentage will actually hatch? I am feeding only one beardie so I do not want to hatch too many? How many do they usually eat in a day? He is about 6 months old.

Thank you.

burt1016

Juvie Member
tignish99":3js7vp53 said:
I am thinking of ordering 1000 silkworm eggs and food. How long do the eggs last in the fridge? I have read anywhere between 3 months and several years. What have people experienced? What percentage will actually hatch? I am feeding only one beardie so I do not want to hatch too many? How many do they usually eat in a day? He is about 6 months old.

Thank you.

I second that care sheet.

Putting them into the fridge depends on whether or not you order them with the cold pack or not. I've only ordered the tanish colored eggs which are ready to hatch, so I wouldn't know about the refrigerated ones.

I sure you can stagger your hatchings, but I don't know if touching and moving the eggs too much once they've been glued down is too good for them.

What they can eat is really dependent on how large you let the worms grow. Their size varies greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom