Signs of MBD, Nose detioriating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I am posting this in health because I am not overly concerned about my dragon since she seems very healthy and exhibits normal behaviors, but I just like to know and be prepared since I am new at this.

Last night I noticed that Arty seemed to have developed an underbite. I have never noticed it before, it looked very different. And over the last few weeks (while she's been shedding), the tip of her mouth kind of looks scabby and like it's chipping away. It's almost like the top is forked now. I'm pretty sure this has developed since I got her, I've never noticed it until she began to shed. It looks like a bad nose rub, but I have never seen her glass dance before? Maybe it's just the shed? Her face is peeling first and she's been doing all kinds of weird things with her face. I don't have the Reptisun 10.0 tube, I ordered it online and it should be here any day now, right now I have a Zilla brand UVB light.

I'm not sure that she's ever had proper lighting. Her past owners never replaced her UVB light, it only covered half of her tank, and I have no idea what brand it is. I've never seen her twitch or any signs of paralysis or anything. I gut load her feeders with a calcium mix and I dust her feeders with a calcium supplement every other day, and dust with vitamins twice a week. Should I be concerned? I'll load pictures later from my phone when I get a chance. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kim,....I've seen something like that before. As long as you get the proper lights + supplements she should be fine and it will cause no problem.

KimNartemisia

Original Poster
Okay so long as others don't think it a big deal. I'll keep watching her (paranoid as I am). Her nose/jaw look goofy. But I am glad to finally see that skin is sloughing off! I miss her beautiful citrus-tiger skin!

KimNartemisia

Original Poster
Here's some profiles, sorry, they are not very clear:

80321-2765625464.jpg
80321-9563276558.jpg

This is a front view of her weird nose tip, asleep on my husband's lap:
80321-5079212571.jpg

Here is a profile of the first week we got her:
80321-1331644068.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's very healthy looking, and that is something I've seen before....it's not serious and not really too noticeable but likely developed due to the inferior bulb. Once you get the Reptisun Arty should be able to assimilate her calcium better. She'll be O.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom