Signs of dehydration new too the beardie scene help help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandondragon1

Hello my name is brandon I love my dragon he is a normal red and Orange dragon he is approximately eight weeks old his in a 20 gallon with a reptisun 10.0 HO tube fixture getting a 40 gallon soon as he a little bigger he eats around 20-25 crickets a day takes about too poops a day always never less maybe more sometimes dust all his crickets with repcal calcium with d3 6 days a week and repcal multivitamins ounce a week always feed greens every other day vegetables on the days I don't always sprinkle with calcium and multi vitamins same as with crickets he don't eat em tho I spary him 3 times daily he don't drink it tho not that I see anyways bath ounce a week he don't drink from it either but his so healthy and fat and eats like a champ also just wanted to know signs so just in case since i don't see him lick water from the bath or off him or eat his greens or veggies witch have water just currious fellas thanks all pics of him wear taking recently last 3 days or so
80218-9252058556.jpg
80218-8391326805.jpg
80218-8315647100.jpg
80218-6601322321.jpg

NattyB

He looks fine. What is the problem?? Dragons get all their moisture from vegetables, crickets etc and baths every now and then. They don't require drink bottles as that only creates a humid atmosphere which they hate. Remember they are desert creatures ;)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Typical Symptoms being sunken eyes, unusually bunchy/tented skin, sometimes lack of appetite is from dehydration (digestion requires lots of moisture), as well as lethargy. Constipation can also be a symptom of inadequate hydration.

Water needs to go in via the mouth, so making sure the greens are fresh and juicy and that your feeders are well hydrated goes a long way. I spray Pepper in the morning but only as much as he will drink - 3x a day is probably a bit much especially since he isn't drinking it. Sometimes adding a little juice or squeezing a berry in the water and offering by a dripped will get him to take the water better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom