Signs of Aspirating Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

I wasn't able to find anything on what the signs are of my beardie aspirating water. She has been brumating, but when I get her to give her a bath she has been waking up and is fully alert. Tonight I put her in her bath and started to drip water on her back and she started to run around. Right after she started running around she plunges her head under the water. I grabbed her out immediately. She seems to be fine as she is being very active, but I want to keep an eye on her and make sure she didn't aspirate any water. What is it that I need to keep an eye for?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like she was having fun in her bath then, dipping her head under.
The primary sign of aspirating water would be coughing, wheezing & puffing up the beard area.
If she hasn't shown any coughing by now, then she should be fine.
Was that the first time she had dunked her head under the water?
Is she in a full brumation or had she woken up on her own?

Tracie

RobertD

Original Poster
I did not think that they would do that for fun, lol. It scared me when she did it. It was her first time doing it. Usually when I put her in the bath she just stands there the whole time. She hasnt been in full brumation, for the past couple of weeks she would lay in the same spot day and night in her lil home and will adjust herself from time to time. Each time I would pick her up for her bath she did wake up in the process. She did not show any of those signs, good. Thank you for the reply.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome! :D They just love to do things to worry us to death, right?
It sounds like she is just being a little lazy which is typical behavior for most adults during seasonal changes.
That is good she hasn't exhibited any signs or symptoms yet. It sounds like she is just fine & was being a daredevil!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom