Sidney : I haven't posted in forever.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I'm starting a new thread for my new dragon and will do a memorial thread for my beloved Zilla, who was my first dragon.

We've had Sid for 5 days now, and wow! I can't believe how different of a dragon he his compared to Zilla! I still consider myself new to beardies since I'd never really even heard of them before around two years ago.

We are still in a learning process with Sid to try and figure out his likes and dislikes with foods and temperature etc. The woman I got him from had a toddler and a three week old baby, and wasn't spending the time with him that she wanted to. She didn't give me a whole lot of info except he loved roaches and didn't eat greens like she thought he should. That he was an every other day pooper and usually only on the left side of his tank. Not even positive what his basking temp was because the end of the thermometer hung down halfway in the back of the tank.

But so far so good with him! He ate a roach the first day and three superworms, but then threw up the next day. A piece of carrot either didn't agree with him, or I hadn't gotten his basking high enough. The next day he didn't eat, but I lowered his light and he eventually started gaping. Yesterday I coaxed him into 10 worms, and today he ate 25! That was WAY more than I intended to feed him, but honestly, it had been SO long since I had seen a healthy beardie eat! He even washed it down with some water dripped onto his nose. I snuggled with him a bunch after that, but new he had to bask so didn't keep him out to long. He promptly black bearded and glass danced to come out, so I took him out. Then he crawled up my shoulder and head and hung out and dozed. I put him back after awhile and he basked.

Here's some pix!!

First day!
25F98CB6-FA51-4E69-B636-38C809A1EDAC_zps3i192m2k.jpg

First day neck snuggles with daddy
A3FFCF45-56A6-4523-81BB-D965563DA110_zps6r3ppywd.jpg

Yesterday, checking out Mt. Shoepile
85263446d89d3db076fcf30f82c24db4_zps50ce7306.jpg

On the couch with his mouth open
fab813f43deb80c21ab5426ffe8daaa3_zpsee38fe48.jpg

Black bearding the back of the couch with his mouth open
19c21b376945e53ea1f5ff75051b040f_zps34a65b50.jpg

Today, very happy to be out of his tank
f9ee190aa6f84038d6c8e561dbe9d219_zpse8e6f6ea.jpg

Black beard fading since he's out of his tank
ef604e899477df898e5e0dadc3a90e01_zps81c41b74.jpg

How we snuggled for awhile after he ate 25 worms
bee88ee49a8e167d6af728568eb93e1c_zpsfc7dd461.jpg

He always touches my cheek or sticks his nose in my ear when he's on my shoulder
0a182261a4867b3f4ae947fcbfcade76_zpsb71a7044.jpg

He was very lazy/sleepy today
5f7075e1712dc042dce0705603a44511_zpsc56b1f67.jpg

Look at that black beard after I put him back to bask!!
9f7c5a441c6fcfd3a18d28e00888ab87_zpse84b2c38.jpg

I have NEVER seen a beard so black!! And look at that one spike. Pretty sure it's shedding.
d48c37dbd889c98d24a08b34a0227d1b_zpsbf6963b8.jpg

But he's a very pretty color! And I think he's got blue eyes!
3effee928e05add421afed88295586e9_zpsbf783c2f.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Poor Sid. At least you are taking good care of him. Our first beardie had pinworms and I believe that she was just to small for medicine. She was only 18g and 8 in. On her third dose she stopped eating on her own. I was feeding her critical care and baby food. She seemed to be getting a little better then she went downhill fast. We had her at the vet every week to make sure she was okay. The day she passed she looked horrible. Very shallow breathing. We rushed to the vet and she stopped breathing on the way there. I have learned so much since then.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bath videos from the other day. Let's see if it works this time!

First half of the video:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/howdovely/Sid/IMG_1395beginning_zps1a8575c3.mp4

Second half of the video:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/howdovely/Sid/IMG_1395end_zpsde53ec6e.mp4

Cheeto decided to come see what all the splashing was about:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/howdovely/Sid/IMG_1396_zpsc25ab32d.mp4

As you can see, I think Sidney really enjoyed himself! Next time he gets a bath in the big tub, I'm going to put a few more inches in the deep end and see if he really does swim around in it!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's having a blast & for sure put more water in the deep end. I put water up to my middle knuckle, so about 2"=3" and Leo loves it, dives in & swims like an alligator to the deep end. He'll enjoy it & you'll be there, but the do swim underwater so don't get upset if he does that :D You sure have a beautiful cat! Curious, too!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I would definitely fill the tub with more water so he could actually swim. It sure looked like he'd love a swim and would be really good at it.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cheeto says thank you to everyone for the compliments!
He's my little furry snuggle bunny and is my furry Velcro. He is almost 9 and I've had him since he was a teeny tiny kitten. I didn't even want him when a neighbor dumped him on me. Didn't want a third cat. I wouldn't name him. It was like he knew I didn't want to keep him. He wheedled his way into my heart and insisted on always being on my lap. My first ever lap cat actually. And then he wound up naming himself since I refused to. I was eating Cheetos and dropped one on the floor. He jumped down and his cute little kitten face chomping away on this gigantic Cheeto! I said, 'awwwwww, your first human food! And it's orange! Awwww..... DANGIT! I guess you're staying! You just named yourself!'

Nine years later........

Well, Sid won't eat again because he has an upset belly from the Panacur. He sipped some acidophilus this morning, but not much. He buried himself under the newspaper at around three o'clock again today. I got home late and didn't wake him up for snuggles. I turned the CHE on to keep him warmer since he doesn't feel good. Poor thing.

Here he is from a couple days ago. Loving that alligator and pillow!
92b2925176e0e2363fa23966faebb20e_zpsc7b16c23.jpg

Cheeto and PooKitty during kitty jail while we were dog sitting. They weren't overly fond of her since she's a little on the hyper side at first. They stayed in our room so I brought their comfy and warm beds and put them on Richards nightstand.
807517123f28853ee7a2445066f5ed19_zpsf543bfdb.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor Sid, that Panacur will upset his tummy for a day or so, then he'll be fine. Give him the acidophilus a few times a day, a bit at a time, that will help. Rubio & Didi both get upset when they get their shots. Didi only has one left, Rubio 2, then Rubio's to the vet 8:30a on Monday to get the biopsy, he'll be very tired when he gets home later that day.

Hopefully the Panacur works for Sid and he's parasite free, then he'll be back to normal again.

That picture of your kitties was so cute, even though they looked comfy in your bedroom, I can just imagine what was going through their minds "did they have to bring in a stupid dog, then we're punished for it, jeez humans..." :lol:

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just heard Sid cough. What could that possibly be all about?? I changed his newspaper this morning and held him for a bit, put him back to bask and warm up which he's been doing for about 30 mins. Then I heard him squirm a little and when I looked over he coughed a couple times! Now he's just sitting there with a black beard.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No sooner do I post that and he pooped then glass danced to get away from it. So, the good slave that I am promptly cleaned it up and took him out. He sat on a pillow next to me on the sofa, then climbed over me, jumped on an ottoman and walked to the window to look outside. I can't tell if he still has a Blackbeard from this angle, but as soon as Cheeto spots him in HIS spot, I'm sure HE'LL get one!! Lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Was the cough like a gagging one or trying to catch his breath? I hope he was just being dramatic because he was getting ready to poop and wanted your attention ;)

What a great story about Cheeto!

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Neither, really. Just like a huff sound. Like sort of a clearing throat sound but not really.

That description was clear as mud, huh?

What are some signs of a possible RI?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Mine have never had an RI but I was told there was a clicking sound & coughing, but probably not like his cough. Hard to say. If it continues you'd need a vet opinion, do you have a vet nearby?

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hmmmm, I wonder how loud or obvious the clicking is. Every now and then I'd think I'd hear a popping noise. I used to think I heard it with Zilla too. I never could tell if was coming from him or if it was in my ears.

Here's a couple pix for your viewing pleasure.

Pretty boy on the pillow.
e6e46981e0ce02d7097797560bc74344_zps4f4521b7.jpg

Checking out Cheeto.
16f8edf4a57f87d0de017a0153566d6c_zps56964384.jpg

Check out the look on Sid! And I swear his eyes are blue/grey.
7bb0785054f60a2823bb6d8a3fe08ed2_zpsf6e5ac8b.jpg

This morning after he crawled over me to get to the window.
f88fc2dabc75b943e8735a23570c326f_zps9b2275ff.jpg

How he put himself to sleep at around 3:00 this afternoon.
315ec666e8fd6620fa5ba431c206d8dc_zps13feb104.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'd have him checked out for an respiratory infection, they come on quickly and can linger. Just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom