Sick Young Bearded Dragon :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikki4Pats

Normally my bearded dragon would eat anything you put in front of his face, but recently he wasn't eating. I ended up finding an extremely large poop in his cage and figured that he was backed up, because the day that I found that he got his normal appetite back. Now, he's back to not eating. This time his eyes have been closed and I'm extremely worried. I put him in a warm bath this morning and he quickly began drinking the water. I'm going to keep doing this so he can rehydrate, but I'm not sure what's wrong with his eyes. He's about 5 months old and I'm not sure if I should try to force feed him. He's looking very thin. I'd take him to the vet, but it's a Saturday and they're closed. Any ideas?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I know there are alot of questions but if you can answer them it will help everyone get a idea of what might be wrong.

Rikki4Pats

Original Poster
I'm new to this site, so I'm a little lost. Where can I find the questions?

Also, I've been frantically reading everything I can find right now and have found A LOT of negative things about calci sand. I'm getting ready to head down to Petco and all new things for my dragon's cage... I can't believe I've been using that stuff!! I'm pretty sure that it was the reason he was backed up a while back, because he loves licking everything and most likely injested way to much of it.

Here's a bit more about what has been wrong lately. I came home about 2 days ago and it seemed like his nose was blocked up. I unblocked it and it looked like the blockage was cemented calci sand. I've been dripping warm water over his eyes and he's been trying to open one of them, and I just got him to eat a mealworm that had calcium supplement on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom