sick or brumating???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Beardie Vivo has been lazy for like a month now. He just lays in his little tunnel-ish area all day. At first I thought it was cause he was shedding but he stopped and hes still lazy/not eating or pooping as much. I took him to the vet and they said he seems healthy and his poop was fine. They said he may just be a little dehydrated. So I've been using a syringe kinda thing to give him water but he barely takes it. I usually feed him dusted crickets and greens but he hasn't been eating greens so I give him baby food as well. I was just wondering if it's possible he's brumating? He just turned 1 this month.
Heres info on his set up:
Exo terra Solar Glo 125 watt mercury vapor bulb
I also have a ceramic heat emitter
40 gallon glass tank
I have a temp gun: basking area 96 degrees, where he lays all day 89 degrees, cool side 84 degrees
I’ve been bathing him like every other day to get him to drink water/poop but no such luck with either.The last time he pooped was when I took him to the vet (on the vet) which was last week
He only likes crickets now though i used to give him phoenix worms. And I dust those 3 times a week.

100_0116.jpg

the little light in the picture is no longer there it was just an everyday household light to light that side of the tank

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Not brumation at that age... I think something else is amiss... Like perhaps you need to increase your basking temps to closer to 110*... that low of a basking temp won't allow for proper digestion of meals.
Janie.

chelchelchick

Original Poster
well I had it hotter but I turned it down incase he was brumating. However usually the basking area is in the 100's but he's never up there anyways he just lays around in the same spot 24-7

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm..I had the same thing happen with my first beardie. After reading a bunch of stuff on the forum I realized I hadn't been giving him the proper UVB lighting..He actually developed spinal deformities from it, poor thing :(
I'm not sure what a Exo terra Solar Glo 125 watt mercury vapor bulb is, or if that has UVB in it..

Also, I'm lost on what the term "brumation" means. Can anyone clear that up for me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom